Keep On Running

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

24 on the eliptical machine. Great workout show, really gets the blood pumping, and you can pretend that you're beating up the bad guys too and everyone in the gym thinks that you're just that really cool chick shadow boxing. Don't mess with me.

Played squash for the first time after 18 months off. Used to be pretty good, now the mind knows what to do but the body is a step behind. Also, now can't...really...walk.... very very woefully stiff.

Trust me, it gets a lot worse if you take years off :unsure: . I was just telling Mr. & Ms. Scamhi that I might be about to start playing squash again, since doubles tennis hasnt touched the 40 lbs my food obsession has earned me. The last time I even picked up my squash racquet was 3 years ago and that was just for a 6 month period after stopping for 5 years. This is gonna hurt!!!

Played squash for the first time after 18 months off. Used to be pretty good, now the mind knows what to do but the body is a step behind. Also, now can't...really...walk.... very very woefully stiff.

Trust me, it gets a lot worse if you take years off :unsure: . I was just telling Mr. & Ms. Scamhi that I might be about to start playing squash again, since doubles tennis hasnt touched the 40 lbs my food obsession has earned me. The last time I even picked up my squash racquet was 3 years ago and that was just for a 6 month period after stopping for 5 years. This is gonna hurt!!!

My mother has banned my father from trying to play again. Mostly because she's worried that he'd want to play me and kill himself in the process. Too many bad stories about middleaged men giving themselves heart attacks... It's a great game though, and playing just reminds me how much I'd missed it. Definitely a good balance to eating and drinking a little too well as well.. :blush:

Has anybody used personal trainers? Comparing to self-study (good weight lifting books/web sites/magazines), what's the advantage?

they encourage (force, make) you do the things you don't want to.

they correct form...something that is difficult to self correct.

when someone is watching...people generally work harder.

weight day

upper body-40 min

3 sets flat bench supersetted with dumbell flyes

3 sets low cable row

3 sets close grip flat bench for triceps

3 sets seated dumbell shoulder press

3 sets forward peck deck

3 sets reverse peck deck

forward for chest and front delts, reverse for rear delts and traps

3 sets lat pull down

those electronic body fat monitors installed in many fitness clubs, are they accurate? i tried to google for how do they work but couldn't find anything meaningful. If the body fat percentage is calculated based on your weight, age, gender and height why would one need to grip the handles on the monitor ;)

those electronic body fat monitors installed in many fitness clubs, are they accurate? i tried to google for how do they work but couldn't find anything meaningful. If the body fat percentage is calculated based on your weight, age, gender and height why would one need to grip the handles on the monitor ;)

they send an electronic charge through your body to measure fat from lean. not reliable.

Your club should have calipers for skinfold measurements.

The most fail safe fat measurement test is water immersion.