Keep On Running

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

elliptical, 45mins, intervals course, resistance 6/7, 4 something miles;

swimming, 20mins - i'm ready to graduate to prescription goggles and lessons;

Prescription goggles are a wonderful thing.

I have a prescription scuba mask as well. ;)

10 min warm up on the Step mill- interval course level 20

5 sets leg press

5 sets power squat

5 sets plate loaded kneeling ham curl

3 sets single leg glute press

5 sets seated military barbell press on the smith

Anybody know why I turn bright bright red when I play soccer (usually after the game ends)? I'm not talking a little flushed cheeks, I'm talking hibiscus fuscia all over my face and ears and the rest of my body gets sort of pink too, but not as dramatic.

Like this lovely shade:

redhibiscus542wx.jpg

I think it's simply a physical reaction to exertion. It happens to me to a lesser degree and to one of my sisters big time. She, like you, is extremely fair. I think that, in combination with how close your blood vessels happen to be to the surface of your skin, just makes you get pinker than most people do when they exercise. My sister and I both get a little sick of people in the gym asking us if we are alright because we are fuschia-complected after hitting the treadmill or bike.