Keep On Running

I think it's simply a physical reaction to exertion. It happens to me to a lesser degree and to one of my sisters big time. She, like you, is extremely fair. I think that, in combination with how close your blood vessels happen to be to the surface of your skin, just makes you get pinker than most people do when they exercise. My sister and I both get a little sick of people in the gym asking us if we are alright because we are fuschia-complected after hitting the treadmill or bike.

Good to know there's nothing wrong. It just makes me look really out of shape and like I'm overexerting myself (both are probably true).

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

30mins elliptical;

30mins weight lifting - upper body;

15mins - treadmill - i started running just recently after discovering that it does wonders to my serotonin level so i'm thinking of incorporating running somehow into my morning routine.

I think it's simply a physical reaction to exertion.  It happens to me to a lesser degree and to one of my sisters big time.  She, like you, is extremely fair. I think that, in combination with how close your blood vessels happen to be to the surface of your skin, just makes you get pinker than most people do when they exercise.  My sister and I both get a little sick of people in the gym asking us if we are alright because we are fuschia-complected after hitting the treadmill or  bike.

Good to know there's nothing wrong. It just makes me look really out of shape and like I'm overexerting myself (both are probably true).

I've heard that some people of northern european extraction don't sweat much; to vent heat they move blood to the surface.

soccer game in the freeeeeezing cold (and it was at Riverbank state park so we were subject to the oh-so-pleasant winds off of the water). Then to the gym where I spent an hour on the eliptical machine watching 24. A particularly low-energy hour.

rode my bike about Florida last week- so nice and flat

back in NYC

Monday nada

Tuesday 45 min elliptical level 15 hill course

Wednesday 45 min step mill aerobic course level 17

Thursday 10 min warm up on the step mill interval course level 18

then

4 sets flat bench press

4 sets incline chest press

4 sets seated military dumbell press

4 sets upright row w/ ez curl bar

4 sets bicep curls from preacher bench

Tuesday 45 min elliptical level 15 hill course

scamhi, what is 15? the grade? or resistance? :P

Helana,

15 is the resistance level on the machine...I think it goes to 20 or 24- I'll check

Today elliptical level 16!, 45 min, hill course blah blah blah.

arrived to the gym at 6:45am.

10 min warm up on the step mill level 17 speed intervals

5 sets flat bench

5 sets decline bench

5 sets seated military dumbell press

5 sets low cable back row

4 sets reverse pec deck- for rear delts

4 sets (2 wide hands 2 narrow hands) upright row

3 sets abs on vertical leg hip raise

been slightly preoccupied lately.

ah well, here we go:

+W indicates weight increase

+R indicates rep increase

+! indicates PR

* indicates warmup set

Legs and abs (tonight)

Squats: barx8*, 65x6*, 85x8x2, 90x8

SLDLs: 135x8*, 145x8, 150x8, 150x5

Angled calf raises: 70x8x3 (3 second pause), 80x8x2 (3 second pause)

Seated calf raises: 45x5 (4 second pause), 70x5 (3 second pause), 80x5 (3 second pause), 85x5 (2 second pause)

ATF hack squats: 90x8, 100x8, 100x7

Weighted decline crunches: BWx10, BW+12x10x2, BW+12x6

Cardio: none

Stretching