Keep On Running

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

how long does it take to swim 2 miles? after i'm done with my personal trainer sessions set, i'll get the swimming lessons.

today cardio quickie at the corporate gym:

2miles on treadmill - 20mins plus;

2miles on elliptical - 20mins plus;

back to the office for couple more hours of meetings;

lower body

5 sets hack squats

5 sets power squats

5 sets leg press

shoulder interlude

5 sets seated shoulder press from the smith

5 sets deadlift

1 sets glute press- too hard- legs fried

2 sets plie squat holding 25#plates in each hand suppersetted with shoulder shrugs

Took a 45min jump-rope class at the gym last night, which kicked my butt way more than running ever has. Was gasping for air ten minutes into it.

Today did a back workout, and rediscovered my wrist straps which facilitated going a lot heavier than usual.

4 sets of pull-downs, 10 reps

4 sets of narrow-grip pull-downs, 10 reps

4 sets of seated rows, 10 reps

4 sets of barbell rows, 10 reps

4 sets of lower back extensions, 10 reps

wrist straps are used to aid in the gripping of weights during pulling-type exercises. usually made of a simple length of woven nylon which is looped around one's wrist, and the remainder of the length is wrapped around the weight bar. takes pressure off the wrists and tendons of the hands; i like them because it helps me control the weights more and allows me to lift a little bit heavier weights than i would without them.

morning workout

Warmup

15 minutes, step mill, speed intervals, level 17

Upper body

4 sets x12 flat bench

4 x12 incline banch

4 x12 seated military dumbell shoulder press

4 x15 standing barbell bicep curls with e-z curl bar