Keep On Running

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

I totally, totally sympathize and understand.

Running without inclines. Speed walking without inclines. Aerobics. Dancing. Biking makes big thighs. Swimming makes big shoulders and upper back.

Weight training - lots of reps, not using heavy weights, not going to close to muscle fatigue.

You're trying for long and lean, not big.

This is my major exercise issue too.

Thanks!

My problem is I *like* to exert myself get "close to muscle fatigue". But at 5'11", adding bulky muscle to my substantial frame is not really the goal. People are afraid of me already... :lol:

Some people bulk up really easily. If I do a lot of cardio leg work on an incline, my thighs start to show it fast. Same with the rower on my upper body. I think gug is having the same issue.

Eating or not eating processed foods has nothing to do with muscles getting bigger through use.

I don't eat processed foods and am not desperate to lose a lot of weight, but I want to get trimmer. Eating less but more often might be a good idea.

Like Omni (apparently), I am capable of developing bulky muscles quickly when I work out. For this reason I had to give up my weight training with heavier weights , although I enjoyed it... Lighter weights/more reps & low resistance/higher speed doesn't appeal to my inner macho but it's probably what I'll have to do. And I'll go back to yoga.

Thanks for all your tips.

I don't eat processed foods and am not desperate to lose a lot of weight, but I want to get trimmer. Eating less but more often might be a good idea.

It's a good idea in general - blood sugar stays even, more efficient calorie burning. But has nothing to do with muscle shape.

FaustianB- any ill effects from your crunches?

i am slow that way, ok...i was upping it by one extra crunch a day. two sets only.

i was so sure i got the technique down right..but absolutely no soreness in the abs area.. if it doesnt hurt, i am obviously not doing it right. but my lower back was starting to hurt. i was hurting in all the wrong places. my doctor thinks i shouldnt do anything except cardio maybe...my trainer thinks i should abandon floor exercises and try something called 'core stablity' regime. i dont trust machines. they even got a machine for stretching(here)..if you can believe that..sucking the joy out of working out. altho' its rather spiffy.

we'll see on monday re the core stability regime. i am taking the weekend off.

start slow, stay consistant, finish strong

we have a precor stretch-ey-machine. I use it occasionally it is effective.

upper body day

supersetted 5 setsx 12 of assisted pull ups with 4x15 sets of push ups

4 sets x12 flat bench

4 sets x8 seated dumbell military shoulder press

4 sets x12 low cable row- for back

4 sets x12 cable tricep press down

4 sets x12 spider bicep curls from preacher bench