Keep On Running

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought this may act as a useful diary and motivation for the more slothful of our members   But, today, bugger all. too hungover from Rhodes.   Tomorrow is another day   S

Good session today with my trainer   All lower body, core stability and lower back   Jumps ( involving starting from a seated position on a bench and leaping to a standing position on a raised ste

today, an old boxer's running programme carried out early in the morning when glycogen ( sp?) stores are low and so aids fat burning. It creates a metabolism spike that lasts until about midday   1

Does anyone here XC ski?

I do in the winter. Although the last few have produced very poor conditions for regular skiing.

I don't have rollers for warm-weather training and instead ride my bike and run.

Does anyone here XC ski?

I do in the winter. Although the last few have produced very poor conditions for regular skiing.

I don't have rollers for warm-weather training and instead ride my bike and run.

Oh man Hyland will be making snow this year. I'm almost sure of that. They're also trying to get snowmaking going at Battle Creek.

• 1 month later...

resurrecting this thread...

today 25 minutes on a cross trainer- hiking level 8

then...

4 sets flat bench press

4 sets leg press

3 sets assisted pull up supersetted with assisted dips

3 sets dumbell seated shoulder press

I'll pile on since I just joined a new gym in my new neighborhood.

Starting two weeks ago, my usual cycle of work-outs.

Yesterday:

25 minutes stairmaster (ass-busting aerobic setting)

Chest Day:

flat bench press 5x12

incline dumbell press 5x12

incline flies 5x12

military press 3x12 (I hate this one)

I hurt my foot a couple of months ago and have been unable to exercise. I need to motivate myself to get back on track. Otherwise I'll be posting soon about "how to lose those 5 pounds". To be honest it's getting harder to maintain this as 40 is slowly creeping up. But I have faith that my sense of vanity will keep me holding on for at least another 30 years.

I hurt my foot a couple of months ago and have been unable to exercise. I need to motivate myself to get back on track. Otherwise I'll be posting soon about "how to lose those 5 pounds". To be honest it's getting harder to maintain this as 40 is slowly creeping up. But I have faith that my sense of vanity will keep me holding on for at least another 30 years.

Bummer on the foot. How hurt is hurt? Can you do pool running?

It's been two weeks since my foot has healed enough for me exercise again. I've just been revving about getting back into it. I'll start today in an about an hour with push ups, sit ups and squats. Then do weights in a couple of days and go for a run.

Body weight squats? A good exercise and you can walk afterwards. I tried doing squats with weights but I found the muscle soreness afterwards intolerable.

I swam today, a little bit: 14 lengths of a 50m pool. Outdoors in the Californian sunshine.