• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leslie, I'd love to see the photo.   Thanks!

GalPalJoan saw it and, with a bad feeling, asked what I thought. The birthdates were the same so I checked with Orik to get a name confirmation and based on an an existing email contact for her, it se

I'm so sorry to hear this. Condolences to her family and friends.

In fall 2007 when we were collecting items to take to Colombia for the girls, she was unsure that she knew what they would like. We had some back and forth via pm about possible gifts but she still seemed unsure.

A package arrived from her in early December: wonderfully eclectic, delicate jewelry from India that she had found in a small shop. Bangles and bracelets and necklaces, accompanied by a note saying that she hoped that this was "OK". It was more than OK: it was perfect, and I told her so.

Her posts were great: very stream of consciousness. She will be missed.

I always got a kick out of the way she would be making her points in a rambling post and then out of nowhere do a shout out to another member asking about some arcane detail that interested her. Sometimes I knew exactly what she was talking about. Other times I had no clue.

I'm just bummed. We had a couple of really pleasant PM exchanges about odds and ends. I would have liked to have met her in person.

I'm so glad I got to meet her and must say that I feel a bit of guilt for not having gotten the next SoCal MF get-together planned in time for her to enjoy it with us.

Rebecca, we will miss you. Thanks for enriching our lives with your delightful posts and friendship.

RIP.