• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leslie, I'd love to see the photo.   Thanks!

GalPalJoan saw it and, with a bad feeling, asked what I thought. The birthdates were the same so I checked with Orik to get a name confirmation and based on an an existing email contact for her, it se

I'm so sorry to hear this. Condolences to her family and friends.

Maybe the admins can pin this thread, as has been done for Maurice, Tony, Bruce and Julian?

Done.

Rebecca could be very entertaining, and yes, wacky.

My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

This is a sweet message in the guest-book:

"One of my fondest memories of Balboa Jr. High is being in Ms. Dugan's class the year she married. I watched her dye her wedding dress fabric and lace in tea to get just the right color and my friends and I made her a box of "Becky Dugan Cupcakes" because her new name sounded so sweet to us. I'm not a great seamstress for having been in Becky's class, but I'm a better person for having known her.

Patricia (Sewell) Rodriguez"

Nice photo, too.

Her wonderful whimsical eccentric self has touched many lives, and will live on in our memories.

I only met her once in real life but she made a lasting impression. She had a terrific sense of humor, in the realm of "you can't make this up". We went up to Santa Barbara last Thanksgiving and I thought of giving her a buzz as we had exchanged messages via PM here and on another board about exploring the area together with family. But it was a short weekend trip and we were too busy.

Rebecca, I will never forget your answer to the question, "Do you have cats?"

I believe I was at that same one meeting, when she brought chocolates for all of us. This is sad news. :(

Yes. She brought chocolates for everyone and left too much money before dashing off. Then we tried to figure out how to return her excessive contribution to the tab. The last couple, who do not post on MF, decided that since everyone left more than enough they could leave less than their share.

Oh dear, so sad!

I met her twice, both times at PNW potlucks. She hosted one a couple of years ago at her daughter and son-in-law's home in Tacoma. Here's a link to her summation post which was in her familiar, rambling style as are several other posts in the thread--too bad we only got pictures of the food and none of her. Her daughter had just had a baby and her son was sort of in and out of the room, tending to his wife, who we never met. Rebecca was just as eccentric, wacky and interesting in person as she was online and she gave us all RG beans (which we all know how much she loved) as favors at the dinner table. And she also made eccentric food--one dish I remember was a retro jelled shrimp mousse (that was actually quite good) and which I think may be in the PNW recipe thread.

RIP, Rebecca and condolences to the family.

How sad. I lurk here mostly, and always loved the quirkiness and the warmth of her posts, those two things shone through and were so lovely.

It is a strange new thing, this sort of "virtual loss."

I keep hoping that this is some other Rebecca, not "ours." But I guess since some of you were fortunate enough to meet her, you've been able to confirm from the photo. Way too young, in any case.

Sincerest condolences to her family.