Thomas, my sincere condolences to you and your family. I met your mom at a pot luck she hosted in the PNW at her daughter's (your sister's?) house. It was so generous of her, especially as her daughter had recently given birth, and it was her first time meeting the PNW crew. I had the pleasure of meeting your mom's adorable grandson, and son in law, too. She was a big fan of Rancho Gordo's beans and the theme of our potluck was Sausage and Legumes. She gifted us each with a bag of Rancho Gordo beans. We also exchanged a few personal PMs and she checked up on me when I had been absent due to an illness, to see how I was doing and we tried to get together for burgers when she was in town, too, but logistics didn't work out (one time it was the Duck parade, and another time her health or mine got in the way). Last Augest, she asked me to help her make a link to a copy of a photo of her that appeared in her newspaper that she wanted to share on Mouthfuls. I made a link for her and she said she posted it, but I never actually saw where she posted it. I have the link to the photo if anyone would want to see it.

I remember a really stand out granola type topping she made for one of her dishes at the potluck, MMMMM...

Her presence here is missed...

Leslie, I'd love to see the photo.

Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leslie, I'd love to see the photo.   Thanks!

GalPalJoan saw it and, with a bad feeling, asked what I thought. The birthdates were the same so I checked with Orik to get a name confirmation and based on an an existing email contact for her, it se

I'm so sorry to hear this. Condolences to her family and friends.

Thomas, my sincere condolences to you and your family. I met your mom at a pot luck she hosted in the PNW at her daughter's (your sister's?) house. It was so generous of her, especially as her daughter had recently given birth, and it was her first time meeting the PNW crew. I had the pleasure of meeting your mom's adorable grandson, and son in law, too. She was a big fan of Rancho Gordo's beans and the theme of our potluck was Sausage and Legumes. She gifted us each with a bag of Rancho Gordo beans. We also exchanged a few personal PMs and she checked up on me when I had been absent due to an illness, to see how I was doing and we tried to get together for burgers when she was in town, too, but logistics didn't work out (one time it was the Duck parade, and another time her health or mine got in the way). Last Augest, she asked me to help her make a link to a copy of a photo of her that appeared in her newspaper that she wanted to share on Mouthfuls. I made a link for her and she said she posted it, but I never actually saw where she posted it. I have the link to the photo if anyone would want to see it.

I remember a really stand out granola type topping she made for one of her dishes at the potluck, MMMMM...

Her presence here is missed...

Leslie, I'd love to see the photo.

Thanks!

Since Rebecca asked me to make a URL so she could post this photo to Mouthfuls back in August 2008, I feel she wouldn't mind if I posted it here. She is 2nd from the left wearing black and white. I'm trying to remember why she was in the paper, and may have to check old emails to see what the occasion was.

rebecca.jpg

Maybe this?

Yes, that's it, thanks! I just used the search feature and found where she posted the exact recipe as follows (from the Home made Granola thread Here):

I make it and keep on hand all the time for munching, cookie ingredients, toppings.

Cup of oatmeal

Half cup coconut

Cup of slightly pounded or broken cashew nuts

Cup of sliced almonds

2-3 Tbls almond or peanut oil

2-3 Tbls maple syrup

Stir up, then spread on a Silpat or parchment paper on cookie sheet, and toast in 300 oven for 20-30 minutes. Stir, cool, stir again to separate everything.

You can add raisins or dried cranberries/blueberries or any dried fruit, nuts, or grains you like. I prefer the orange flavored cranberries from Trader Joe's. It's the maple syrup and toasted nuts that keep your hand in the jar.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I was lucky enough to get a visit today from Tom, Rebecca's son and his family. WHat a great guy! It was fun going over what we knew and what we didn't about each other. He must found 20 packages of beans when she died and he had sent a photo. We kept in touch and today he came in.

He was going to print her posts but then he saw it seemed like 3,000 and was that possible? I assured him it could have been but I think he can print them to a pdf file, can't he? If someone clever would like to do this, i'll pass on his info.

Forums like this ebb and flow but for me, Rebecca was part of a big crescendo when things were at their hottest, worst and best. She was part of all three aspects.