Tenafly Farmers' Market

Lani's Farm, which lost 40% of its crops in Irene, had a phenomenal display today. Must have been 6 types of eggplant including rosa bianca, neon, fairytale. Green and red long beans. Lima, cranberry and romano beans. Also, sweet potato leaves which apparently make an excellent kim chee, though I've been instructed to steep them into a tea.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(snip) if it would guarantee they and Glebocki Farms with their awesome radishes and lettuce would come back.

Seriously, Liza, I'll sign my name in blood and get it notarized by Satan. Really.

Glebocki Farms looked like it was really hammered in the Irene flooding last week. Fields under what looks like a half foot of water.

They're active in the farm market program in NYC, it looks like they must be in about 10 places at once. Spring Valley NY Farmers Market, too.

Locations and description of the flooding

Lani's Farm, which lost 40% of its crops in Irene, had a phenomenal display today. Must have been 6 types of eggplant including rosa bianca, neon, fairytale. Green and red long beans. Lima, cranberry and romano beans. Also, sweet potato leaves which apparently make an excellent kim chee, though I've been instructed to steep them into a tea.

I didn't make it this last Sunday for my Lani tomato fix but that's horrible to hear. Hope they bounce back soon, I'll be back to support the market next weekend.

Zipped over to the market this morning. Gorgeous produce, just spectacular. I cannot believe the place is not packed. I think they are open through October and I would recommend anyone to get over there for the fall harvest. Today, long beans, gooseberries, cranberry beans. And, they added Hudson Valley Duck to the mix. Well worth a visit!

• 4 weeks later...

Lani's Farm, which lost 40% of its crops in Irene, <snip>

Oh dear. Couldn't tell that from their range of wares at Tribeca, but now that I think of it, it looked like they might have picked some stuff really early just to have it available--long beans were really thin and relatively short.