Had a nice tasting/lunch at the enoteca at Eataly in Turin today. We had one plate full of different salumi and another full of local cheeses (plenty of food for 2 people) each plate was 8 euros. We also each had a nice glass of a Chardonnay blend and I had a Nebbiolo d'Alba (good but not mind-blowing) 3.50/glass and Melanie had a really fantastic Cantamerli Monferrato Rosso from Pico Maccario (3.00/ glass). The enoteca is located down stairs, next to the huge wine department. We where there in a Monday and it was quiet and cool - quite the opposite of the upstairs dining venues. It is a great place to spend some relaxed, quiet time contemplating and enjoying the local grapes.

Had a nice tasting/lunch at the enoteca at Eataly in Turin today. We had one plate full of different salumi and another full of local cheeses (plenty of food for 2 people) each plate was 8 euros. We also each had a nice glass of a Chardonnay blend and I had a Nebbiolo d'Alba (good but not mind-blowing) 3.50/glass and Melanie had a really fantastic Cantamerli Monferrato Rosso from Pico Maccario (3.00/ glass). The enoteca is located down stairs, next to the huge wine department. We where there in a Monday and it was quiet and cool - quite the opposite of the upstairs dining venues. It is a great place to spend some relaxed, quiet time contemplating and enjoying the local grapes.

sounds like a wonderful meal.

Maccario doesn't seem to have much distribution in the US, from what I can tell. Just a few items here and there in a few states based on Wine-Searcher and google. I'll have to keep looking...

Maccario doesn't seem to have much distribution in the US, from what I can tell. Just a few items here and there in a few states based on Wine-Searcher and google. I'll have to keep looking...

I'm not too surprised, he only makes 3300 - 6 bottle cases of the Cantamerli. If you do find Pico Maccarino wines you will probably only get "Berro" red and white or the Barbera d'Asti "Lavignone".

Just one more reason to visit Piemonte in person! :rolleyes:

http://www.picomaccario.com