Your next cookbook

It is with great pleasure that I inform you we are free for the Times and Luchow dinners!

Our schedules are wide open for the next two years and do you have a high chair?

:D

It is my pleasure to inform you that you're now officially on the list. :lol:

I don't have a highchair, but do have several phone books. ;)

List? Yo.

Yo yo.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

40% off coupon and a gift certificate, what should I get? It's going to depend on what they have in stock, of course, but some books on my wish list or just look interesting are (not in any particula

I agree, except that once in a while I feel like doing it. What I find chef's or restaurant cookbooks useful for is inspiration, new flavor combinations, new ingredients, that kind of thing. It woul

That's great news! Out of nowhere the other day, Eden Lipson crossed my mind. Now I know why.

Posted Images

It is with great pleasure that I inform you we are free for the Times and Luchow dinners!

Our schedules are wide open for the next two years and do you have a high chair?

List? Yo.

You're already on the list. Can't have double entries - I confuse easy. :blink:

List? Yo.

Yo yo.

My first thought was music, my second was string and many mis-spent days as a child.

Okay, another approval for "the list." :cool:

Guess whose recipe it is?

If there are too many by him, I'm not interested.

Actually very few by him.

For those who don't have the book, it's Bittman's recipe. There's a similar recipe where the short ribs are braised in coffee that's much better. It's from a chef in Houston whose name I forget right now.

Guess whose recipe it is?

If there are too many by him, I'm not interested.

Actually very few by him.

For those who don't have the book, it's Bittman's recipe. There's a similar recipe where the short ribs are braised in coffee that's much better. It's from a chef in Houston whose name I forget right now.

robert del grande

Oooh, that’s exciting news! We’d lose the baby of course. And you’d have to allow me to contribute a classic chicliver pate w/mom’s 90 proof calvados.

This thread reminded me of some stuff/books she (mom) gave me a while back. I had a look and found an extra copy of Dining in France 1986. Would you be interested? You seem so passionate about the oldies. :P

Would you be interested? You seem so passionate about the oldies. :P

The reason I'm interested in oldies is simple - I'm an oldie!!! :(

Yes, thank you I would be quite interested.

Hmmm...no one has ever brought food. The chicken liver pate I make is with sour cherries and is a takeoff on the Marlow & Sons version. We may just need to have a taste-off.

Okay I've got to work up some dates for the "newbie list" and get back to each via PM.

Hmmm...no one has ever brought food. The chicken liver pate I make is with sour cherries and is a takeoff on the Marlow & Sons version. We may just need to have a taste-off.

A match of the mousses? NBC vs an old war horse? I got no problem wit dat.

A match of the mousses? NBC vs an old war horse? I got no problem wit dat.

Let the games begin. :rolleyes:

I'd like to play.

Wasn't it you who brought an incredibly wonderful chicken liver mousse to some get-together (maybe the one at dba or Redhead?)? If that's the recipe, I'll put my money on it.

Has anyone looked at the big red NY Times cookbook edited by the Winsome One?

It was given to me as a Christmas present and I have read it cover to cover. Fascinating read and the old recipes are sensational. I'm planning to do several dinner parties based on pre-1900 recipes.

Back in the 1970s, S had gotten me a medieval cookbbook. I did a dinner party based on that one night. Are you going back that far? :lol:

Ah, my misspent youth.