Your next cookbook

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

40% off coupon and a gift certificate, what should I get? It's going to depend on what they have in stock, of course, but some books on my wish list or just look interesting are (not in any particula

I agree, except that once in a while I feel like doing it. What I find chef's or restaurant cookbooks useful for is inspiration, new flavor combinations, new ingredients, that kind of thing. It woul

That's great news! Out of nowhere the other day, Eden Lipson crossed my mind. Now I know why.

Posted Images

If the roasted shredded beets in tahini sauce (not the actual name of the dish, I think) is in there, it's really good. It's the only beet-based dish I've ever enjoyed, and is also the only restaurant dish I've eaten that I've made at home after searching out a recipe.

(the only other dish I've wanted to make at home is the date, bacon, and garlic dish from Lolita in Cleveland. I found a recipe for that one, too, but I lost it in a computer crash)

eta, not that it matters, but the michael symon dish is roasted dates with pancetta, almonds, and chile. there's garlic in the dish, and it's what I remember most about it, but it's not one of the "stars", I guess

I made the lemon poppyseed cake from the zahav book recently and it came out really well. can't wait to do more from it.

As I posted on the Supper thread, I made the mina with ground beef, coffee and cinnamon (instead of cardamon). I made a "charoset" with apples, carrots, and horseradish. The dish was a hit, but the ground beef completely fell apart during serving. The spicing actually gave the meat a lamb-y taste.

Around the fire,by Greg Denton and Stacy Adimando; more grilling techniques,and an interesting parmesan poundcake recipe [needs a little tweaking]...Looking forward to spending the summer cooking with my Weber kettles. :flirt:

• 2 weeks later...

Simple Thai Food by the author of the blog shesimmers which is my go to site for Thai recipes.

i like that her recipes are pretty straight forward. i got a peek at an early copy and wish there were more photos