The Platt Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We may not have Bruni to kick around much longer, and it's not like we've overlooked Adam Platt in the past, but maybe it's time he had his own thread.   From his review of Table 8:     lin

I think they were trying to avoid the kind of response that Dave Santos got on that reprehensible Chowhound thread: don't bully a baby.   (As I posted on CH: a BABY charging $160 a meal!!!!!)

Why? You've already been to Rebelle.

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

I shall leave it to @prasantrinto point out that unborn eggs are also a feature of Filipino cuisine. 

that’s one of the few things i don’t like, thanks for the reminder lol 

there was a “fear factor” type challenge at the office one year. i declined to take part.

20 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I shall leave it to @prasantrinto point out that unborn eggs are also a feature of Filipino cuisine. 

Isn't the Filipino version getting banned by the supreme court?

3 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

Sorry to be serious, but as a former lawyer….

I think that should be “former practicing lawyer.” Although you’re no longer working as a lawyer, you’re still a lawyer. (I presume you still have your license to practice.) 

24 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

Sorry to be serious, but as a former lawyer, I feel constrained to point out that Supreme Court isn't going to rule that abortion must be illegal, only that it can be.

Thanks for pointing this out, and for teaching  me a new/different nuance to "constrained".

47 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

Sorry to be serious, but as a former lawyer, I feel constrained to point out that Supreme Court isn't going to rule that abortion must be illegal, only that it can be.

Baby steps.