Omnivore in NY

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That website reeks of French superiority complex.

David Kinch told us it would be impossible to do an omnivore festival in America like ours that emphasized the human over the commercial. We took David at his word. But we contemplated our american festival and with the election of Obama it is said anything is possible, so now we can say to you "yes we can"

Oh thank you for liberating us from our dark ways France. You will show us the light. Soon all our sentences will be written in passive form. Soon we will replace "we" with "one". High Speed trains, Nuclear power, brown people pushed to the suburbs. Yes we can!!!!!

(my french sort of sucks these days so apolgies if someone thinks my translation is off. Also this post is a direct result of self-loathing and parental issues. Please don't be offended.)

Um, it's David Chang, actually. Not David Kinch.

That website reeks of French superiority complex.

David Kinch told us it would be impossible to do an omnivore festival in America like ours that emphasized the human over the commercial. We took David at his word. But we contemplated our american festival and with the election of Obama it is said anything is possible, so now we can say to you "yes we can"

Oh thank you for liberating us from our dark ways France. You will show us the light. Soon all our sentences will be written in passive form. Soon we will replace "we" with "one". High Speed trains, Nuclear power, brown people pushed to the suburbs. Yes we can!!!!!

(my french sort of sucks these days so apolgies if someone thinks my translation is off. Also this post is a direct result of self-loathing and parental issues. Please don't be offended.)

Um, it's David Chang, actually. Not David Kinch.

apologies. There was reference to both in the article don''t know why I got them confused its pretty obvious from the context it was Chang. I corrected my original post.

Weird. On second look the mention Kinch being from SF not Chicago as a error, but then no mention of him in the body of the piece.

Although if Serge Gainsbourg is considered pop, then I have to change what I said above, because I love him.

I was going to mention that.

I was also going to mention that I've often heard French pre-rock pop music played in your apartment.

Although if Serge Gainsbourg is considered pop, then I have to change what I said above, because I love him.

I was also going to mention that I've often heard French pre-rock pop music played in your apartment.

pre-rock French pop is not what I meant with the Geneva Convention crack. But oh lord anything in the last 25 years is just. wow.

Oh lord. You've not only heard that, but you've heard me play Coralie Clement. Not that I'd ever bothered to read the back of the jewel box before to know who she was. Clearly, I need to learn to think before I write.

But in my defense, I've heard some French pop on the radio in Paris that will make your ears bleed. (Haven't you?) I'm not so off the wall in thinking that - I just can't give any examples. Hell, I can't even tell a singing Belgian from a singing Frenchman.

Oh lord. You've not only heard that, but you've heard me play Coralie Clement. Not that I'd ever bothered to read the back of the jewel box before to know who she was. Clearly, I need to learn to think before I write.

But in my defense, I've heard some French pop on the radio in Paris that will make your ears bleed. (Haven't you?) I'm not so off the wall in thinking that - I just can't give any examples. Hell, I can't even tell a singing Belgian from a singing Frenchman.

Allow me

Noir Desir. You won't thank me.