1 minute ago, voyager said:

Note also that it is the PAN that is turned, not the chopsticks or tongs. 

I did note that! In the video I used as a guide, the chopsticks turn the omelette.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read all these threads about these fabulous dinners people have at home, with photogenic, obviously labor-intensive food, and legendary bottles.   I can't speak for anybody else on this board, bu

If I'm not enjoying wine when I'm seventy, then my nieces and nephews are going to be stuck with a shitload of wine they won't know what to do with.   Or my next wife, who by then should be almost

Whaddya mean? That's more than half the meals I serve. Tossed with great care, I might add.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, small h said:

I did note that! In the video I used as a guide, the chopsticks turn the omelette.

Yes.  But it looks to me that the other way might be easier.

13 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

See, I have a wooden salad fork.  But on mine, the tongs are so big they can't generate those desirable small curds.  It's really no better than a small spatula.

Jacques uses the back (rounded side) of a table fork.

On 4/19/2021 at 11:47 PM, Sneakeater said:

I came into some Boer goat meat!  As Orik has said, this stuff is THE SHIT.  The greatest goat of all time.  That's right:  the GOAT goat.

Something else, isn't it? 

I'm going to try and make whole Boer kids in the new place. Sub-saharan cochinillo.

13 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

NOW he tells us. 

It's not exactly NOW. I feel like I've seen nearly identical videos from him that date back at least a decade, one in which he made three different omelettes. I can't replicate his method to save my life. See also...

19 hours ago, voyager said:

Yes.  But it looks to me that the other way might be easier.

Easier, but not easy enough for me, apparently. I got closer, but nothing I'd call a success. Will try again tomorrow.

I may just be bad at omelettes.

20 minutes ago, small h said:

It's not exactly NOW. I feel like I've seen nearly identical videos from him that date back at least a decade, one in which he made three different omelettes. I can't replicate his method to save my life. See also...

Worth noting that like many/most other cooking gurus, his method is not consistent, evolves, chosen by ingredients.    He uses a totally different method when  incorporating heavier ingredients into his omelette, like (see his video on) mushrooms.    Same metal fork, tines used to pull perimeter of omelette toward center, repeat, until cooked.