• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read all these threads about these fabulous dinners people have at home, with photogenic, obviously labor-intensive food, and legendary bottles.   I can't speak for anybody else on this board, bu

If I'm not enjoying wine when I'm seventy, then my nieces and nephews are going to be stuck with a shitload of wine they won't know what to do with.   Or my next wife, who by then should be almost

Whaddya mean? That's more than half the meals I serve. Tossed with great care, I might add.

Posted Images

Among others last night, a curiosity:

1998 Cogno Barolo Vigna Elena.

Barolo but not Nebbiolo. The "Nebbiolo rose" is probably a child of Nebbiolo with the other parent extinct, but there remains a chance it is a parent. Cogno mostly sucks, but they don't mess too much with this one. Fun to try, but i wouldn't rip out my regular Nebbiolo to replant rose on the strength of this bottle.

By "natural", mainly I mean made by madmen in unorthodox ways.

That's more or less what I mean by "natural" too. But I could never have come up with the line

"mainly I mean made by madmen", which has a Tennysonian euphony to it.

I happen to know how to tie a bowtie. But to refuse to teach that to people on the ground that if they don't already know they don't deserve to is exclusionary classism of the worst kind.

Come the revolution, that sales clerk is going to be beheaded. And the irony is, she's probably from the lower classes herself.

Traitor.

• Like 1

Not the cheerios one! The nestum one! Sometimes they're called oatmeal prawns because Nestum cereal has oatmeal. It's really very tasty.

eta--I looked up oatmeal-fried prawns. The Delia Smith version looks a little like fish with maggots all over it, but I'm sure it's very delicious.

Not the cheerios one! The nestum one! Sometimes they're called oatmeal prawns because Nestum cereal has oatmeal. It's really very tasty.

eta--I looked up oatmeal-fried prawns. The Delia Smith version looks a little like fish with maggots all over it, but I'm sure it's very delicious.

Yes, closer to the Nestum one.

Yeah, it does look a little like fish with maggots all over it. But to me, that's not so bad.

Disappointing 2005 Drouhin Beaune Clos des Mouches.

thin, not very acid, no structure, mildly interesting nose. No good day 1, not much better day 2.

let 2005s sleep.

How much longer for something like that .. ?

It didn't taste like a burgundy that was going to get much better, but I have previous form on drinking wines too young.