Rail Paul

[Rutherford] Cafe Matisse

Wow! That is a real shock. This must have been a very off night. I wonder if Chef Peter was there. This is usually one of the best restaurants in NJ. My last meal there was a year ago, and the previous one before that was about 8 years ago. I remember the food and presentation being excellent. The restaurant itself is beautiful. I agree 100% on the horrible wine glasses. I usually bring my own wine glasses but didn't last time, expecting a fine restaurant like this to have nice wine glasses, and was very disappointed.

• Like 1

The only excuse I could think of was that the had the backyard open (presumably one of the first times given the weather) and were full in and out. But it was really bad.

But really besides the burger being overcooked and some oversaucing a lot of my issues were not really in execution. Un-necessary tasteless elements on the plate, too much sugar, etc...these were conceptual problems. Really pissed me off how they warn you the meal will take 2 hours+ because "eating here is an event" yet there's no "special touches". Besides the olives, there's no amuse, no bread, no petit fours, etc. And why do they bring out the milk and sugar for coffee before even asking if we want coffee? (We did not. We wanted to GTFO. Yet we still had to wait 15 minutes to get our pre-ordered desserts. Which sucked.) Are they now going to bring that milk to another table?

Or as the tasteless mid-century joke went, "Other than that, Mrs, Lincoln, how was the show?"

The milk and sugar came to my apartment. I couldn’t understand what these waiters from Rutherford were doing there.

Or as the tasteless mid-century joke went, "Other than that, Mrs, Lincoln, how was the show?"

When I spoke to Mary later that evening she was more distraught with Congress not approving her expenditures from a recent New York City shopping spree - and then realized there would be no more sprees.

Very, very surprised to hear this. Thank you for the heads up.