• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too much of the scoring has to do with how lucky you are on the specials. nice having to find a word for 500 points that starts with 'i'. (like, um, 'i'). sucks having to start a word with 'q' when you have no 'u's or having to write a word with five or more letters that ends in 'j'.

Oh thanks, another time suck! I got 6500 on my first game, we'll see if it was just beginner's luck. Iota and ane are good words when the vowels pile up. Now I'm going to go out into the sunshine, because I must..move..away..from..the..keyboard....

I clicked the link to the game, and started to stress out as soon as it started. Not a good idea for the anxiety-prone.

Me, I like hidden object/puzzle games. I think being a speedreader helps, because I can scan quickly.

The ones I do not like are when they've developed by ESL companies, which always have mistakes, e.g., a "tuba" is not a "tub," and I used up a hint to find it.

or maybe you're stupid? just a thought.

i like to live dangerously--pile up the balls and wait for one of the "words of 7 letters or more to pop them all" thingies.

i was thinking that it would be good to strategize around those -- by the time i've seen these come up, i've got a board full of crap.

i guess i play a lot of clock-driven word games online. i tend to form words in my head as the letters drop and that way i'm usually looking for just one particular letter by the time the pile gets large. it's a little dicey but fun when you can pop 45 balls at once.

also, it is not a good idea to clear the board completely too much in the early going as that way you can get stuck without building blocks for the bonuses (it takes a long time for enough to build up from scratch to make five three letter words, for example). not that i've broken the 10,000 point barrier yet but my strategy so far is to keep upto 20 balls on hand.

I'm getting a lot of mileage out of onion and reunion when the Os and Is start piling up. Haven't done better than 5,000 yet, though. I blame my keyboard.

I must have that selfsame keyboard problem. Still just below 5,000--high so far 4,893.