Senator Edward Kennedy

I am starting to well up in sobs, because the Kennedys were so integral to my childhood understanding of politics, crime, service, celebrity, and all of life.

I really have no words right now. Just unbelievably sad that the Lion of the Senate, who contributed so much to passing decent laws, has passed.

He got his three score and ten, and that is not enough…to me.

Rest in peace, Teddy. Good job, well done. May your memory inspire young people in this country to do as much.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From the NY Times obituary -

He was a Rabelaisian figure in the Senate and in life, instantly recognizable by his shock of white hair, his florid, oversize face, his booming Boston brogue, his powerful but pained stride. He was a celebrity, sometimes a self-parody, a hearty friend, an implacable foe, a man of large faith and large flaws, a melancholy character who persevered, drank deeply and sang loudly. He was a Kennedy.

From the NY Times obituary -

He was a Rabelaisian figure in the Senate and in life, instantly recognizable by his shock of white hair, his florid, oversize face, his booming Boston brogue, his powerful but pained stride. He was a celebrity, sometimes a self-parody, a hearty friend, an implacable foe, a man of large faith and large flaws, a melancholy character who persevered, drank deeply and sang loudly. He was a Kennedy.

That was very well said.

RIP