Senator Edward Kennedy

So resentments are incurable?

I don't think that resentments are incurable. But I do think it depends in large measure upon how deep the scar, how open the wound.

Ted Kennedy clearly was a man of considerable compassion for the less fortunate and spent his entire adult life working on their behalf. Particularly laudable when you consider that with his wealth, he could have chosen a life of ease rather than one of service. I remember Chappaquidick well and know that much of the country resented his actions during and following that incident, but did indeed let it go and move on.

All I'm saying is that perhaps asking her family to do the same might have been asking a bit much.

And now that I've said "all I'm saying," I'm out.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the popcorn and fasten the seatbelts - this could be a bumpy ride.

...oh, I thought this was the Michael Jackson thread.

Don't look at me - I'm taking a golf lesson this afternoon and then going to "Happy Hour" at the club. Robyn

I'm not doing anything Robyn. I wouldn't mind hitting a bucket or two and happy hour sounds great. Where do we meet?

They are when someone with a political agenda won't let it go on a public forum.

Poor Teddy. Who is someone? Me? or Teddy?

Certainly not you. You are incredibly respectful, and have such good manners. You are a gentleman.

Meanwhile, Arianna Huffington has created a public forum for people to share their memories of Senator Kennedy at HuffingtonPost.

They are when someone with a political agenda won't let it go on a public forum.

Certainly not you. You are incredibly respectful, and have such good manners. You are a gentleman.

Meanwhile, Arianna Huffington has created a public forum for people to share their memories of Senator Kennedy at HuffingtonPost.

Good lord, Tana. Thank you.

Like all of the Kennedy sons, Ted was deeply intelligent, deeply thoughtful, deeply compassionate, deeply flawed, deeply human. He did a lot of people a lot of good. RIP

(One of my earliest memories is attending his brother John's burial service at Arlington, and seeing Jackie light the 'eternal flame'.)

Someone with a political agenda providing links to a political website.

Yes, but: pot. kettle. black.

And I think you may have exceeded your allotment for posting in this thread. Everyone so far has been polite and respectful to you despite what you have posted. Would that you could have given Senator Kennedy the same consideration.

I was responding to someone making a comment to me. I did not get personal with anyone. Nor have I made any political statements.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't say you 'got personal', I said you were being rude.

While I think it's proper that we respect someone's freedom to express a negative viewpoint - which rightly or wrongly is doubtless held by many - as soon as members start fighting unpleasantly about it, the Admins will have grounds to spring into furious action. Right now, that looks like Behemoth. Beware Behemoth.

"You don't have to agree with everyone's politics...none of us agree 100% of the time. But you have to admire a lifetime dedicated to public service and improving the lives of others -- and that is just one of the many things that made Ted great." - Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah)

Thank goodness for all of the descency today, particularly in light of the nonsense that has been going on for the last few weeks. A long career in public service is something to be lauded. It is difficult, if not impossible, to find a great statesman without faults.

Senator Kennedy was a politician. The coverage there is VAST. Both liberals and conservatives post there, voluminously: my husband, with nearly 4000 posts under his belt, can attest to that. I provided a link for anyone who wants to contribute memories of Kennedy. Not much of an agenda there: it's an open forum with First Amendment Rights for all.

I have been trying unsucessfully to recall a situation in which anyone on this site was persuaded to change their political opinion in one direction or another.

Please everyone just move on, or I will have to lock the thread.