San Francisco - best restaurant or two?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Tadich Grill, and I eat there everytime I am SF, but it does not sound like it is the dining experience you are seeking.

I was just there in August, and there is a thread here where I asked for recommendations. There were several pages worth of good information posted.

I had good meals at Boulevard, Perbacco, and Tadich.

Coi (my meal was ok but others I trust have had sensational ones) and Quince should be your two in SF proper. If you hired a car service, I know I'm a broken record, but I love the food at Murray Circle in Sausalito. Gary Danko's food is fine but seemed quite dated - not sure what all the fuss is about.

The buzz I hear from all the SF foodies I follow on blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and in real life is that Contigo* is not to be missed. I have heard nothing but lavish, gushing praise from those folks. One of my über-foodie friends ate there, and is promising to send Bob and me, as a reward for all the sacrifices and hard work related to Logan. He said it was one of the best, most interesting meals in his life.

If I could pick one place, based on everything I've read and heard, it would be Contigo, followed by Quince.

*I linked to the purveyors because they have four sources of HAM.

If you hired a car service, I know I'm a broken record, but I love the food at Murray Circle in Sausalito.

I owe a nice meal for food-buddy, Lisa and since our only mutual evening is Tuesday, we are heading to Murray Circle so I can finally try the evening food (U.E. and I went for lunch). Lisa and I wanted to go to Commis, but they aren't open on Tuesdays so I'll have to get there after my return from the U.K.

If you hired a car service, I know I'm a broken record, but I love the food at Murray Circle in Sausalito.

I owe a nice meal for food-buddy, Lisa and since our only mutual evening is Tuesday, we are heading to Murray Circle so I can finally try the evening food (U.E. and I went for lunch). Lisa and I wanted to go to Commis, but they aren't open on Tuesdays so I'll have to get there after my return from the U.K.

You and your jet-settin' blues. :)

Seriously, why isn't Fleur de Lys on this list? Not lobbying for it, but wondering what's wrong with it.

I think because it is so French. When folks come-a-visit'n from elsewhere, we want to recommend those types of restaurants that can't be found elsewhere. There isn't anything wrong with Fleur de Lys, it is just that there are so many restaurants of a similar ilk in most other cities, but no where else will you find restaurants like Aziza...

Which doesn't explain why restaurants like Danko and Boulevard get continual mention (more on other boards). Those recs astound me...

• 4 weeks later...

Quince and Coi are fully committed. And this for a weekday in November. Glad they're doing so well.

I have thought about Commis, but that's going to be a drag going by cab.

Farfallon? Or go and get tacos in the Mission?

Quince and Coi are fully committed. And this for a weekday in November. Glad they're doing so well.

I have thought about Commis, but that's going to be a drag going by cab.

Farfallon? Or go and get tacos in the Mission?

my dinner at Boulevard was very good.