Kalustyan's on Lexington

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Omnivorette's and Orik's exchange on falafel reminded me of the incredible range of spices available to people in the NY metro.   recently, I had the occasion to visit Kalustyan's to restock my chi

I've always pronounced it kal-oo'-stee-yans, but I don't know if that's correct or not.

Otherwise it'd be Single.   But you have to go to Kalustyan for about that many types of cocoa.

I bought Tilda at Aaron's Kissena Farms - a kosher market in Kew Gardens Hills. $15.99 for a 10# bag.

i always forget about that place for big bags of pantry items. i'm pretty sure they deliver to my neck of the woods.

All I know is they no longer deliver to Manhattan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

What a gem this place still is. We take it for granted. I’ve been hanging out reading labels recently, because it’s amazing how many no/low carb edibles there are which won’t be mentioned on a typical Keto website.

It’s expanded, the staff are great, and to prove it’s truly international it offers HP Sauce. Of course, you can have too much choice. I gave up trying to decide which salt I wanted out of the wall full of possibilities.

What a gem this place still is. We take it for granted. I’ve been hanging out reading labels recently, because it’s amazing how many no/low carb edibles there are which won’t be mentioned on a typical Keto website.

It’s expanded, the staff are great, and to prove it’s truly international it offers HP Sauce. Of course, you can have too much choice. I gave up trying to decide which salt I wanted out of the wall full of possibilities.

To say nothing of how many hot sauces they offer!

I was actually here earlier this week, restocking a couple of different za'atars.  It's like triple the size from when I first set food in.

Some great prices on labneh, yogurts, etc.  And good pocket pita ($1.29 for 6!), without schlepping to Atlantic Ave.

A famous Indian chef, now relocated to New Delhi I believe, once told me he felt the place just up the block had fresher spices. Still tbd.