Kalustyan's on Lexington

I must say, I bite my lip every time someone mentioned Sahadi's.. I have tried their prepared food.. Like there seafood salad is pretty much directly out of a food service containers.. Their large Israeli sunflower seeds are stale.  The organic dried fruit I had gotten was strange.  I just think the appeal is gone.. Anything I would normally purchase at Sahadi's i find is better made three doors down.  Damascus Bakery.. I love their hummus, the salads, the baked goods.  Same guy is always there. He's so nice, it seems more cared for.  Everything I get there is pretty awesome..

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Omnivorette's and Orik's exchange on falafel reminded me of the incredible range of spices available to people in the NY metro.   recently, I had the occasion to visit Kalustyan's to restock my chi

I've always pronounced it kal-oo'-stee-yans, but I don't know if that's correct or not.

Otherwise it'd be Single.   But you have to go to Kalustyan for about that many types of cocoa.

On 12/15/2021 at 11:26 AM, bloviatrix said:

2nd floor of Kalustyan's has an amazing selection of bitters. I don't know if The Meadow still exists, but their selection rivals what The Meadow carried.

I think The Meadows has closed.  Too bad we started making cocktails in earnest after we left NYC.

15 minutes ago, StephanieL said:

I think The Meadows has closed.  Too bad we started making cocktails in earnest after we left NYC.

I just looked it up  - The Meadow has relocated to Mulberry Street between Prince and Spring. Glad to know it still exists.

On 12/15/2021 at 5:01 PM, joethefoodie said:

The bitters used to be downstairs, but I haven't been since pandemic started, so they may have rearranged?

Me too. I was using it a lot in 2019 for things like labneh when I was doing strict keto. 

• Like 1