splinky

gluten free

Splink, I was also thinking of starting a gluten free thread, but then i figured, I was probably the only one currently torturing myself. I am so glad I'm not alone.

i cannot fully commit to the concept until i find satifying recipes for waffles, chocolate cake, and breakfast bread

Chocolate cake is no big - many good flourless chocolate cake recipes exist and are delicious. The key is to making sure your accompanying ingredients are also gluten free.

Bread - well... not so much luck there, unless you purchase a breadmaker that has a gluten free cycle (and there are a few out there now), it can be a pain.

Here are some russippees including waffles methinks:

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/

i'm thinking i could premake my own dry mixes for the best waffles, cake and bread. i think my zojirushi breadmaker might have a glutenfree setting. now, i just have to figure out where it's packed

Am I correct in thinking that gluten allergies cause intestinal issues, rather than bizarre rashes which leave the dermatologists scratching their heads?

Just so I can eliminate that category.

TIA.

Am I correct in thinking that gluten allergies cause intestinal issues, rather than bizarre rashes which leave the dermatologists scratching their heads?

TIA.

it can cause both my darling, and thus my gluten free experiment.

eta: and what is it with dermatologists who can't come up with an answer and try to make you feel guilty for getting a mystery rash?

TIA.

eta: and what is it with dermatologists who can't come up with an answer and try to make you feel guilty for getting a mystery rash?

Interesting.

New allergies can crop up at any time of life, I hear. It's all very odd.

At least the dermatologists were able to rule out shingles & cancer, so that's something.

Sorry, I'm kind of hijacking your thread here.

TIA.

Interesting.

New allergies can crop up at any time of life, I hear. It's all very odd.

At least the dermatologists were able to rule out shingles & cancer, so that's something.

Sorry, I'm kind of hijacking your thread here.

what am i gonna do? delete my previous posts in a proprietary rage? we might as well pool our information and support one another.

i have a big hole in my arm from last week's biopsy of my rash, so i totally sympathize. apparently, all food is lethal.

i have a big hole in my arm from last week's biopsy of my rash, so i totally sympathize. apparently, all food is lethal.

Oh splinky, dear :(