splinky

gluten free

Bought some Ronzoni g-f penne rigate for a dish to bring to a potluck. Several guests who have gone (partially) g-f recently commented on how good they were. I thought so, too--they cooked up very nicely following package timing, and did not turn mushy when baked with a light saucing of duck ragù. AND the leftovers didn't get rock-hard in the fridge, as regular pasta tends to.

Composition is white rice flour, brown rice flour, corn flour, quinoa flour, mono and diglycerides, and package says PRODUCED IN A DEDICATED GLUTEN-FREE FACILITY. Product of Italy.

• Like 1

Miss A is gluten free for the time being.. If anyone is in the area and is looking for a good gluten free pizza, Lean Crust is Brooklyn is very good.. fresh mozzarella on the pizza too.

Miss A is gluten free for the time being.. If anyone is in the area and is looking for a good gluten free pizza, Lean Crust is Brooklyn is very good.. fresh mozzarella on the pizza too.

is that the place near atlantic terminal? i'll have to check it out the next time i take the lirr into crooklyn

that's the spot on Fulton.. It's strange as a pie is 18 bucks but, a slice is like 4.35.. 8 PIECES to a pie.. So, it's worth it to take an 18 dollar gambe to see if you like it over a slice for almost 5 bucks..

that's the spot on Fulton.. It's strange as a pie is 18 bucks but, a slice is like 4.35.. 8 PIECES to a pie.. So, it's worth it to take an 18 dollar gambe to see if you like it over a slice for almost 5 bucks..

almost forgot, did you notice if they have a separate oven for gluten free or do they use the same oven for everything. i remember being so disappointed when i went to keste and discovered that they use the same oven, the same peel and the same pizza cutter for all the pies. sadly, i only discovered this after i had started eating. that was a scary trip home.

hmm.. i would double check, i am pretty sure it was the same oven and same peel.

Thanks for mentioning the Banza pasta. I'd like to try it. We usually buy Ancient Harvest quinoa pasta. I wasn't very happy with dry lasagna pasta made of rice only because it tends to bubble up and scorch, but it's worked ok a few times when I weighted it down with heavy toppings.

calamondin ricotta pound cake

14208085475_60cc450fbb_z.jpg

the strawberries took a nice bath in calamondin liqueur and turbinado sugar before joining the vanilla ice cream and calamondin ricotta pound cake on the plate

14208067694_1960482a9e_z.jpg