White Truffle Possibilities

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like every year, I continue in my pursuit of reasonably priced (relatively) and delicious all-white-truffle menus. I've sent an e-mail to ADNY asking about this, and will visit the $50/person place

I went into Buon Italia last winter to get some rice, and the whole back of the store reeked of truffles. I floated back on the aroma to discover a couple of people unpacking what was essentially a s

The pierogies are nuxbait, right?

By the way. what did they say about this year's crop at the event - gonna be a good one?

I already had a couple of pretty good ones, much better than anything last year. $10/gram everywhere right now for small-ish ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I see $32 for four grams on Eater, so $8. At cost, or not, that seems to be the going rate.

6.95 EUR/gram at the Viktualienmarkt today. They looked (and smelled) so good I ended up buying a ruinously expensive little lump, but we'll just eat beets and cabbage all winter long and be even again by asparagus season. :)

By the way. what did they say about this year's crop at the event - gonna be a good one?

I already had a couple of pretty good ones, much better than anything last year. $10/gram everywhere right now for small-ish ones.

nice. then we have something to look forward to in Piemonte. Should make up for that 5am truffle hunt start time the day after we fly in

nice. then we have something to look forward to in Piemonte. Should make up for that 5am truffle hunt start time the day after we fly in

Who are you truffle hunting with?

Tony May and his long-time truffle guy

Tony May and his long-time truffle guy

So awesome!