• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

If you are an heavyweight boxing fan, you may want to check out Tuscaloosa's finest (boxer), Deontay Wilder. Tonight's bout lasted lest than 1 round. 29-0. Granted his resume (aside from the Bronze medal) is weak--but, he has a really good right hand punch.

ETA: And he is considered one of the top USA heavyweight contenders....just needs more rounds, as his fights rarely last past the first round -18-1st rnd KO/TKOs. Only two that have lasted past the 3rd round.

ETA: from twitter:

Oscar De La Hoya @OscarDeLaHoya 30m

Holy sh#%% the future!!!!! @BronzeBomber

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So, here I go again. I was supposed to go to this fight tonight in Birmingham. But, issues with NBA Summer League made me have to cancel. This guy is the real deal. Unfortunately it will be awhile before he fights again, due to the broken hand and torn bicep :(. But, if you are a fan of heavyweight boxing--this guy is good. And an entertainer like Ali was. A friend will be repairing his hand (again), I just hope the damage isn't too serious. He's such a good kid. Wanted to play football at Alabama. But he got his girlfriend pregnant. The child was diagnosed as having spina bifida. Here's the whole story.

• 1 year later...

Well, I wish I'd been at the Barclay's Center tonight to watch Deontay Wilder get to 40 by getting a TKO against Luis Ortiz. Would've been much more fun than watching Bama hoops drop their 5th in a row against Texas A & M in College Station  :angry: .

Looks like the heavyweights may finally be heading to a long overdue unification fight.

• 1 year later...