Terror Attempt on Delta Flight

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying home from Atlanta today. As part of the new Enhanced Fear and Surprise Initiative, the TSA was checking photo IDs at the gate, and pulling a random sampling of passengers out of line to have their hands swabbed for suspicious substances. If by 'random' you mean Brown Men and young blond Caucasian women.

They were not doing this at all gates.

(snip)

They were not doing this at all gates.

Newark routinely applies different tests at different gates. Using the explosives swiffer at C-1 post, but not at C-2. Whether it's incompetence, laziness, or part of a comprehensive plan, I do not know.

They usually have people watching the exit gates, too, but not always. There's lots of overtime when they have to evacuate the terminals and rescreen 8,000 people. :)

I've shown that your argument doesn't work. Secondly, you haven't shown that mine doesn't.

Oh my goodness, yah-boo-sucks, what a clever little boy you try to be :lol: I bet that goes down really well in the school playground :lol:

I find it continually astonishing how much time you spend saying so little :lol:

I was thinking of this thread the other day when a couple of loose synapses crossed and I remembered this bizarre event from 50 years ago. Times sure have changed.

moral of the story: never trust a naturopath

well, it's one thing to bring a bomb in your luggage; it's another to bring one that's time to go off in flight.

from emanuel derman:

I had a fantasy in which the Fed and the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) switched roles.

If a bank failed at 9 a.m. one morning and shut its doors, the TSA would announce that all banks henceforth begin their business day at 10 a.m.

And, if a terrorist managed to get on board a plane between Stockholm and Washington, the Fed would increase the number of flights between the cities.