New Brooklyn Cuisine

I didn't know about this.

Some of you have wondered who in Williamsburg is supposed to be dining at The Elm. I wonder what hipster is so confident in his cultural capital that he would be caught out drinking a fruity Coolatta®. [i drink two or three a month during the summer.]

Mmm, I'm fairly certain that the first person I knew who moved to Williamsburg lived in that building, right above the 'L' stop...

What's a Coolatta?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Although this topic is often discussed here, there isn't a separate thread for it.   As I contemplate trying to have dinnner at Brooklyn Star -- even though chances are I will have to go back to Ma

Well, the great thing about Brooklyn is that it's a far better place to live than Manhattan. And now we don't have to commute to Manhattan in order to eat food that isn't red sauce Italian or pink ta

Put those goal posts back.     I am not talking about bars which are good, not that good, and bad. I am talking about bars with extensive beer lists*, even if the bar is a dump. I have a dol

The most refreshing elixir known to man or Masshole, generally of neon hue. I favour the strawberry Coolatta® myself.

This year Dunkin' introduced a 'Berry Blast' Coolatta® with actual pomegranate, açaí, and blueberry, but I've not tried it yet.

I'm good for a couple of White Castle visits a year. :blush: Other than that I don't go near any fast food places. I haven't been in a McDonald's in 20 years.

I think I'm going to have to go back to Dunkin Donuts once just out of curiosity.

I haven't been in a McDonald's in 20 years.

Even the bourgeois girls in the 16e arrondissement go to McDo', man! Are you counting Shake Shack and the like as fast food?

Besides the strawberry Coolatta®, I also enjoy the Dunkin' hash browns when they're not burnt or mouldy.

[An entire page discussing fast food and Dunkin' Donuts on the 'New Brooklyn Cuisine' thread — my work here is done.]

'In 2003, the Dunkin' Donuts chain of doughnut shops stopped carrying traditional crullers, claiming that the hand-shaped rectangular treats were too labor-intensive, and couldn't be simulated with new machines for mixing doughnut batter. The company still sells "French Crullers" which can be formed by a kind of extruding nozzle.'

If it ain't extruded, who needs it?

I'm taking a trip in the Wayback Machine. I used to go to Dunkin in high school - there was a branch near the place I worked after class. Then, years later when I worked in the Met Life building one of our vendors would show up with a giant box of donuts once a month before a meeting and I found I still liked them. That was in the early 1990s and I haven't had them since.

Sigh. I expect if I try one now there's a 95% chance I won't like it.