Ron Johnson

Kitchen Appliances

I feel those come too late to do any serious harm.

you would think new zealand is far enough for that to be true.

I don't recall needing a single permit or inspection when I lived in a co-op and renovated my kitchen. I wonder if one of those would have discovered that the wiring for the gas stove was done backwards (which may have long predated me).

Now when I renovated here, there were permits and inspections galore. The inspector did end up finding that there was no firewall between our unit (an end unit in a long building) and all of the others. Either they did shoddy workmanship originally or those firewalls weren't required in 1984. We had a delay while one was being constructed, but we're at least up to code now. And I also have legitimate ductwork going out of my range hood--no more flexible duct.

Having a real firewall between you and your neighbors is a great benefit.

Avalon Bay, the politically connected builder, has had a few spectacular fires in large wooden apartment blocks. They fought a battle about through the roof firewalls in Roseland NJ for years. Firewalls that don't go through the roof allow fires to move through the attics....

So looking at that calendar, someone who adheres to the major, minor and modern holidays only goes to work on August 4th. Think I need to convert.

The days that Joe posted plus the first two and last two of Passover and the two days of Shavuot (13 in all) are the only days you are truly prohibited from working. You are allowed to work on all other days.

And no one works on Aug. 4 because it's erev Shabbat. :lol:

• Like 1

So looking at that calendar, someone who adheres to the major, minor and modern holidays only goes to work on August 4th. Think I need to convert.

The days that Joe posted plus the first two and last two of Passover and the two days of Shavuot (13 in all) are the only days you are truly prohibited from working. You are allowed to work on all other days.

And no one works on Aug. 4 because it's erev Shabbat. :lol:

But we still have the Shabbat elevators working on some of those other days - and that's what stalls any construction from occurring. In either case, a pain in the ass.

Blue Star/Prizer/Kobe hoods don't seem much less expensive than the Vent-a-Hood ($2,679). I wanted. I'd like to spend closer to $1,500.

No - they're not.

again, the kobe hood we bought and are happy with was significantly less than $2769. currently less than $800 on amazon (it was cheaper when we bought it).