don't make me go to Chowhound, please.

Well I actually dislike steakhouses in general. But I have been to Gibson's which I thought was OK. Certainly nothing special, but serviceable. Meat was def not notable. Sides seemed par for the course. Note I was there for an investment conference and was with some friends so it was pretty boozy and loud evening all in all. It seemed sort of Chicago-y, but not like Gene and Georgetti (where I honestly can't remember what the food was like).

Capital Grille is a chain. Never been other than for a drink but I can't imagine other options aren't better.

But I'm very much not an expert and pretty much all my steakhouse trips are at the behest of friends whose idea of a pre meal cocktail is 4 very large martinis.

You could go to the Weber Grille and chortle at the absurd concept all night.

Thanks.

Everytime I have walked past the Weber restaurant I have thought about that. :lol:

As time goes by, I more and more appreciate a good steakhouse. I think that I just like the idea of a simple meal made from the very best ingredients as opposed to fusion/chaos food with six kinds of foam covering food stacked like lincoln logs.

Thanks.

Everytime I have walked past the Weber restaurant I have thought about that. :lol:

As time goes by, I more and more appreciate a good steakhouse. I think that I just like the idea of a simple meal made from the very best ingredients as opposed to fusion/chaos food with six kinds of foam covering food stacked like lincoln logs.

The U of C B-School took people there as part of their admitted students weekend. It was item number 9 on "why I can't possibly go back to school"

I agree on simple meals for sure, but I'm just not a big beef eater.