Private Room/ 10 Person Table

My college roommate is turning 30 in a couple weeks and she's looking to have a dinner for about 10 people somewhere. She doesn't want anything super formal, but she wants it to be nice. I know that's fairly open ended. Ideas?

Maialino has a small private dining room. There are photos of it on the website.

Maialino is booked, so unfortunately that is out, as is Blue Hill. I'm pushing for Hearth right now (no private room), but definitely still open to ideas.

Just to bump this thread up. I too am looking for a private room for about 22. Preferably not New American/Localvore/NBC/What ever term of the moment there is.

Lupa - is 200+/person because of the room minimum of 3500+ tax & tip. So too expensive.

Not really interested in Alto because of location. Prefer something downtown.

Some thoughts for Jesikka - Tia Pol if you don't think the food has declined too much has a nice little room in the back.

I've been looking and it's hard to find a spot under $3500 minimum. That being said, I've noticed that both Public and Market Table have interesting private room/space options for groups of two dozen or so.

BLT's options are not necessarily fully private, they sometimes take into play the balcony space, etc. Their pricing isn't cheap, but it's not out of control either.

she should definitely check out Bacaro on division st....if you don't know it, it's a venetian wine bar with more than decent food, great atmosphere, nice staff. they have private alcoves and group dining is served family style. some dishes are great and some just okay but every dinner i've done there has been a great success. and there's always Aroma wine bar on east 4th st with the two downstairs rooms - one seats 22 but they may arrange it for less people. love it there too.

these are both on the funkier elegant side than the posts above.