2010 World Cup

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the world cup final is rarely the best game of the tournament (usually the one that knocks england out is). that doesn't mean it's not worth watching the entire tournament.

You're right. It's fun and exciting, and you never know who might break through the glass ceiling. Glad you enjoyed it.

BTW, Robben is freakishly fast.

And he isn't even 100% right now!!!. My favorite player from my two years of regular attendence at Stamford Bridge. Too bad he's as fragile as they come. Physically and emotionally

I came away from the WC thinking he is tremendously overrated. Granted I haven't seen him play more than a couple times in the past, but he seems like a 1 or 2 trick pony: big left foot and good with his head. Fast? Sure. But one of the least fluid runners I've seen with poor change of direction and weak possession. Also appears to have difficulty holding his water in the box.

And he isn't even 100% right now!!!. My favorite player from my two years of regular attendence at Stamford Bridge. Too bad he's as fragile as they come. Physically and emotionally

I came away from the WC thinking he is tremendously overrated. Granted I haven't seen him play more than a couple times in the past, but he seems like a 1 or 2 trick pony: big left foot and good with his head. Fast? Sure. But one of the least fluid runners I've seen with poor change of direction and weak possession. Also appears to have difficulty holding his water in the box.

I don't know if he is rated highly enough to be overrated? He is unbelievably fast, can control the ball tightly at full speed, and and moves well without the ball. He may not be a "fluid" runner but he could easily outpace all of the spanish defenders and most everyone else on the field. I dare say he was among the two or three fastest runners in the WC this year. His change of direction was skillful enough to put Puyols on his arse on that breakaway. He is whiner and complainer, but he gets props for staying on his feet and going for the goal on at least two opportunities when he could've taken a dive to get a possible free kick. Not my favorite player by any stretch of the imagination, but one that I took note of in the tournament.

I don't know if he is rated highly enough to be overrated? He is unbelievably fast, can control the ball tightly at full speed, and and moves well without the ball. He may not be a "fluid" runner but he could easily outpace all of the spanish defenders and most everyone else on the field. I dare say he was among the two or three fastest runners in the WC this year. His change of direction was skillful enough to put Puyols on his arse on that breakaway. He is whiner and complainer, but he gets props for staying on his feet and going for the goal on at least two opportunities when he could've taken a dive to get a possible free kick. Not my favorite player by any stretch of the imagination, but one that I took note of in the tournament.

Freakishly fast does seem to fit him. It was fun to watch him get the ball with a little bit of space and sort of wind up to a full run. He's not terrible in traffic but he isn't great. He really needs to work on delivery with his right foot.

Freakishly fast does seem to fit him. It was fun to watch him get the ball with a little bit of space and sort of wind up to a full run. He's not terrible in traffic but he isn't great. He really needs to work on delivery with his right foot.

he seems to be his fastest when running after the referee to complain about something that wasn't called his way.

he seems to be his fastest when running after the referee to complain about something that wasn't called his way.

Yes that was an impressive run.

It would be nice to have a soundtrack of the games with F-bombs in all of the various accents.

Yes that was an impressive run.

It would be nice to have a soundtrack of the games with F-bombs in all of the various accents.

he's a bitch that is for sure. For those of you unimpressed with him - yes he is not a possesion kind of midfielder - no one is going confuse him with Ineista for sure - but he brings a tremendous amount of energy. Also he was injured with an ankle issue and even missed the first two dutch games he was no where near the level I've seen him play at Chelsea or at Bayern Munich.

His biggest issue is his complete inability to stay healthy

• 2 weeks later...