I bought almost 4 lbs of very ripe bananas for 69 cents the other day (gotta love the bargain shelves at the Berkeley Bowl West!). Got any suggestions? Anything that uses peanut butter too? Thanks!

I bought almost 4 lbs of very ripe bananas for 69 cents the other day (gotta love the bargain shelves at the Berkeley Bowl West!). Got any suggestions? Anything that uses peanut butter too? Thanks!

I just made these cookies last night, they were great!

Very ripe as in mushy or still a little firm?

If they're still a little firm, I'd make turrone, a Filipino snack of a banana (really saba, a type of plantain, but you could use banana) wrapped in spring roll wrapper and pan-fried while sprinkling sugar on them giving them a nice caramel coating.

You could smear some peanut butter on the spring roll wrapper before adding the banana.

And as luck would have it, 100 Things to Do with a Bananashowed up on yahoo or somewhere yesterday. Click on a pretty picture for the recipe.

Freeze them, then peel and purée them for a deliciously rich but low-impact treat.

This is very good. But I peel and slice the bananas before freezing them. They blend better that way, and it's much easier to peel a banana before it's been frozen.

I had a surfeit of bananas a few weeks back and, while making cookies, replaced one egg with pureed banana. The cookies came out moist, with a slight but noticeable banana flavor.

Also: summer is here! And summer is banana pudding time.

I gave half away and ended up making two loaves of banana bread with peanut butter and chocolate chips, one with twice as much peanut butter as the other. Most people preferred the one with more peanut butter.

I still have two left too. Luckily they weren't use immediately ripe but are pretty close to that now.

I still have two left too. Luckily they weren't use immediately ripe but are pretty close to that now.

flambe!

i see i'm late here but as GG Mora says - freeze. i peel them before and then use in shakes. or blend with other fruit and freeze for a treat.

flambe!

i see i'm late here but as GG Mora says - freeze. i peel them before and then use in shakes. or blend with other fruit and freeze for a treat.

Same here. I use the frozen bananas in lieu of ice in whatever smoothie combination I'm making.