• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the point of this article was to promote the Red Rooster or is Marcus taking a writing class at some community college

Ah, Chez Lucienne is where Bayou used to be; so next door to that, and just a step down from Sylvia's as splinky said. I'm guessing it's not going to be competing for Sylvia's clientele.

well, not enough to concern Sylvia, since I'd guess that her empire isnt significantly dependent on folks eating there any longer. But it does cut into her biz as the place for business lunches and to be seen. Remember, business lunches are big $$ when you have every politician housed in one of the 2 NYS buildings on 125th St (one in either direction). Not to mention the Apollo Corp. a block away. And Sylvia's has been the center of it all for years.

However, having that 1-2 block strip contain 3 well known places makes it more of a local destination spot and that will probably increase traffic on the block for everyone more than competition among them would decrease it.

Yes, a good thing all round.

Still waiting for my friend to get his new beer bar open very close to 5 and Diamond. That's another neighborhood which can only benefit from having several places worth dropping by.

I wonder if he ever considered opening an African restaurant in Harlem, rather than in the Meatpacking District? <_<

Red Rooster suggests soul food to me, just based on the song. Do we know what the 'concept' is yet?

I wonder if he ever considered opening an African restaurant in Harlem, rather than in the Meatpacking District? <_<

Red Rooster suggests soul food to me, just based on the song. Do we know what the 'concept' is yet?

You're probably correct.

Concept is unknown, although if you know a member at Soho House, you could probably snag a rezzie. ;)

ETA:

According to The New York Times, the new restaurant will be located near 125 street in downtown Harlem and the menu will feature traditional African American dishes among others.

Source here: http://www.tadias.com/02/23/2010/samuelson...em-renaissance/

and also

It will be "a little bit farm to table," according to the chef. He also confirms that his Crunchy BBQ Kobe Burger, a competition-grade affair used at this past weekend's Burger Bash in South Beach, will be on the menu.

Video here: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/feast/Red-Roo-85973467.html

it's supposed to be an homage to harlem's old "red rooster lounge" near striver's row.