• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the point of this article was to promote the Red Rooster or is Marcus taking a writing class at some community college

Yeah. It's a huge burden to pretend to be part of a group that was kidnapped and brought to this country as chattel. Just huge.

glad you recognize...

it's a wonder he can find time to be on tv and write letters to the editor and sh*t.

or is it a testament to his ability to overcome the centuries old struggle of his adopted people?

That's exactly the thing.

In a country that has racism written right into its organic document, who are you going to go after? The white power structure, or a successful African (OK: African/Swedish) immigrant?

To ask that question is to answer it.

That's exactly the thing.

In a country that has racism written right into its organic document, who are you going to go after? The white power structure, or a successful African (OK: African/Swedish) immigrant?

To ask that question is to answer it.

it's not as though going after "the white power structure" is a particularly effective or powerful mode of criticism. so maybe neither?

My Great Aunt was a Menshevik. In her day job, she was a biologist at Moscow University. Stalin was so impressed with her scholarship, her sister my grandmother told me, that he gave her her own research facility in Siberia.

How did you feel about Eddie Huang's piece in the Observer today, in which he basically calls you out as an outsider in Harlem?

I feel that the more you try to be positive, the more you try to make change, and the more people are going to have a point of view on it. It's not like he's a relevant person in this place, but we live in a diverse environment where people have every freedom to comment. I can live with the fact that we have created jobs and that we make people happy. I stand by our work every single day regardless of who has a comment.

:lol:

I suspect Eddie Huang is going to be pretty pissed off at that. The truth hurts.