• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got one after the Oster protested with the frozen fruit...   Just received the box today   So far, we have run soapy water through, sparkling!   What do you all make in yours?

I feel like a freaking genius because I picked up a certified refurbished Vitamin 5200 for $230 on Amazon a few weeks ago. IIRC I was tipped off by a Wirecutter newsletter. It looks brand new and has

If you're going to be doing a lot of grains, get the dry. Then when Costco has a Vitamix display (once or twice a year), you can pick up the small wet at a discounted price.   There really isn't tha

On 11/16/2021 at 8:05 PM, voyager said:

I have a 60 year old Osterizer and a several year old Bamix Pro.    They suffice nicely.   One on a high shelf, the other in a low drawer.   Out of sight, never out of mind.

While they may "suffice nicely," they ain't no Vitamix. Nor Blendtec.

• Haha 1

It depends on your real world processes.   Blendtec site says that they test it by blending rake handles and iphones.    My needs lean more toward silky soups, velvety lemon curd, semi-chunky gaspacho.    If you need/want programmable, then, yes, you need one of these.   I prefer hands- and eyes-on control.   Also high on the promotional tout is that you can't get cut by a Blendtec blade.   Does this assume that you have no experience with decent knives?     

But you know, joe, that i run a low tech kitchen.

I  imagine a Blentec blade will take your finger off if one is dumb enough to stick it into a running blender.

But there is no way either that Oster or Bamix can deal with many things that a Vita/Blendtec handles with aplomb.

• Like 1

No question.   But possibly a majority of buyers never use them to their potential.    Like most of us on our computers or the many Lamborghinis that roar between lights and stop signs in San Francisco traffic as the 100 yards between stops on our street witness.

as my d-i-l, who doesn't cook, asked my advice on whether she should get either to make smoothies.   I bought them a Bamix Pro and they're entirely happy.    The concept of excess capacity.

Perhaps lacking aplomb, I've never encountered a job too large for any of my several blenders and sticks.   Perhaps batch size and common sense enter the equation, but the job gets done.

Just wondering.. how goes a Bamix pro handle large chunks of frozen fruit? During summer, I like to throw large frozen strawberries into a blender, add a bit of sugar (and maybe rum) and a teeny bit of water, and have that for dessert. But so far, Vitamix is the only blender I've had that can handle very large frozen strawberries (the ones from Costco). I wouldn't mind using something smaller, though. 

My method would have been to let your berries very partially thaw so that they are not giant ice blocks, then add your bits of sugar, water and rum, then blitz with Bamix.    But your way works and you already have the equipment.