• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just took a challah out of the oven, the first I've ever made using bread flour. All these years, I've had the notion that bread flour would produce a heartier, heavier bread than I like, and I've

Bagels boiled in lye solution. Getting there...

The big advantage of baking your own bagels is that you can make them the right size.  There are about 2 oz. each, as they were in my youth.  The disadvantage is aesthetic, but maybe they will be neat

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Passover is in five weeks. I have a lot of flour to get through. So made a rustic French loaf. Despite the lousy slashing technique, this is probably the best loaf I've ever made in terms of crust and crumb. Lovely big holes inside. But there was a small problem - I forgot the salt. What a fucking waste.IMG_0536.thumb.jpeg.66612b94629155f913c91adf6fcb4351.jpeg

• Sad 1

This is not the first time I've forgotten the salt. But what makes it worse is this time, I noticed that it was strange that there was no salt and re-read the recipe only to overlook the mention AGAIN!!!

8 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Close your eyes and think of Tuscany. 

Yeah, make something really salty to have with it. Bruschetta topped with, you know, that Calabrian chili-fish condiment (if you can find any).

• Like 2