So anyway, the Reinhard recipe is not even as good as the KAF „easy“ recipe which involves barely any work at all. Neither comes close to the stuff I’ve had in Italy (granted, extremely good baker and most likely sourdough only. Fairly sure no plastic wrap involved either. 

Search continues…

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just took a challah out of the oven, the first I've ever made using bread flour. All these years, I've had the notion that bread flour would produce a heartier, heavier bread than I like, and I've

Best loaf yet!

The big advantage of baking your own bagels is that you can make them the right size.  There are about 2 oz. each, as they were in my youth.  The disadvantage is aesthetic, but maybe they will be neat

Posted Images

Oh Juliet Prowse was absolutely famous, but wasn’t it Betty Grable who had the “million dollar legs” with the accompanying insurance policy (which always seemed a little gruesome)?

Back to the main topic.....N made the brown bread recipe on the label of KAF's Irish Wholemeal Flour.  Definitely a coarser texture than commercial Irish brown bread, but it'll make a great breakfast or teatime snack slathered with butter and marmalade.

Teddy bear sourdough bread, before and after.  The baker added some of the details, like the raisin eyes.  N made her bread a "girl" by putting the bowtie on the ear, a la Minnie Mouse.

The dough was fun to play with.

Before.jpg

After.jpeg

• Like 1