Josh Ozersky - Mr. Cutlets

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know those problems we all have with Josh Ozersky?   Well, Robert Sietsema has them, too.   (NB: Josh -- or whoever writes his headlines -- is now calling himself a "Food Critic". But I th

Obviously you don't but other people do. There are 29 comments on Eater, all of them negative about Ozersky.   Were you OK with Shaw writing glowing reviews of free meals and not disclosing the fa

this is fucking perfect. not the least bit surprising, but nice to see cynicism rewarded

I would imagine that the editors wrote the headline, which Ozersky may have known nothing about.

This is no defense to the rest of the charges, however. The Sietsema piece is pretty devastating. I read the Ozersky article and thought it should have said "special advertising section" at the top.

I would imagine that the editors wrote the headline, which Ozersky may have known nothing about.

This is no defense to the rest of the charges, however. The Sietsema piece is pretty devastating. I read the Ozersky article and thought it should have said "special advertising section" at the top.

Well, did you see (what I presume to be) Josh Ozersky's response in the comment section of Sietsema's article?

Has Ozersky filed an official response/rebuttal?

hardly the first one to take this route:

When Bob Lape, a restaurant critic for Crain's New York Business and a host of "Bob Lape's Dining Diary" on WCBS-AM, married Joanna Pruess, a food writer, in September, they persuaded 20 celebrated New York chefs, including Wayne Nish of March and Christian Delouvrier of Alain Ducasse, to contribute food to a potluck reception at the Central Park Boathouse. D'Artagnan shipped over complimentary foie gras, a point made clear on little cards on the tables. Paramount ponied up the caviar.

Eventually the couple was turning chefs away. "We were nearing the saturation point," Mr. Lape said.

iirc, Lape did not write an article praising the chefs, the above is from a Times article

Well, did you see (what I presume to be) Josh Ozersky's response in the comment section of Sietsema's article?

Has Ozersky filed an official response/rebuttal?

I don't think that was Josh. One of the commenters was called "JO", but it did not sound like a comment he would make, and Josh has never hesitated to launch a public defense against this kind of accusation..

I will look forward to the piece in which a desperately pained Ozersky complains that the "critic" title was bestowed on him without his knowledge, and that he strenuously objects(ted) to it.

I suspect he'll say, "of course it was all free. No one could have thought that I paid for that. What's the big deal?" If he says anything, which he probably shouldn't because, seriously, who gives a fuck.