Indoor plant identification

Thank you! I completely missed that "Hoya" was not a greeting in a foreign language.

So when are you bringing the cutting? :P

Be careful what you say - I've never been to Mexico and M says your home is in a pretty wonderful spot (he's been to Mexico often before he met me.) How about U.S. Thanksgiving?

Great timing, and you will absolutely love Morelia. When you get things firmed up, keep me posted. This part of Mexico will completely blow your mind--it bears no resemblance to the stereotypical desert/guy leaning up against cactus image. Tall green mountains, European-style city, beauty everywhere...oh, you will love it. And the food: *swoon*.

Wrap the cutting in damp paper towels, then in a plastic bag. :lol:

• 1 year later...

Update to this old thread: she did bring the cutting. I planted it immediately. This plant is very, very slow to take off.

Just a week before tsquare passed away, 14 months after she brought the cutting to Mexico, the little plant put out its first tiny shoot, no bigger than the head of a pin. But it's growing at last, and I told her first.

Update to this old thread: she did bring the cutting. I planted it immediately. This plant is very, very slow to take off.

Just a week before tsquare passed away, 14 months after she brought the cutting to Mexico, the little plant put out its first tiny shoot, no bigger than the head of a pin. But it's growing at last, and I told her first.

This brought me to tears. Thank you for posting that.

Wonderful.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure where to put this. . . It's about a woman who's having trouble identifying these plants in her home. Do I put this in "things that make you laugh". . . "dingbat of the day". . . or gardening. . .

It's a clip from a local radio station's gardening show. It can be a bit difficult to hear, especially with the djs laughing, but it's worth giving it a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptBo36UWX2E