• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well and truly here. Set to hit 99 in New York today. Cooling centers being opened.     What is the point of heading outdoors, if only to avoid alcohol? I can avoid alcohol indoors quite

We broke 100 here in Jersey today.

We just have one AC upstairs in one bedroom upstairs. Everything in all the other rooms is hot today: you take a shirt out of the closet, it's hot; you grab a doorknob, it's hot; if you're barefoot, the wood floors are hot. This is nuts.

I drove southeast of the twin cities and into the Mississippi River valley on Monday. I could not believe how tall and lush the corn is right now. It must be about shoulder high and it is early July. Must be about three weeks ahead of average.

N's flight to SA was delayed for an hour yesterday because the heat closed the long runway at JFK. In order for her plane to be light enough to use the short runway, all the baggage had to be offloaded. The last she heard, the bags were going to DC to be put on a plane leaving from Dulles. Hers may possibly arrive tomorrow.

I drove southeast of the twin cities and into the Mississippi River valley on Monday. I could not believe how tall and lush the corn is right now. It must be about shoulder high and it is early July. Must be about three weeks ahead of average.

high as an elephant's eye is it?

high as an elephant's eye is it?

This year, an elephant standing on the back of a turtle.

I haven't left the house yet. My apartment is cool but not as cool as it should be considering the shades are drawn and both a/cs are cranked up. I had been planning to head to Txixito to watch the Spain/Germany match. Need to prepare myself for the block and a half walk...

97 right now according to the NYT website.

I haven't left the house yet. My apartment is cool but not as cool as it should be considering the shades are drawn and both a/cs are cranked up. I had been planning to head to Txixito to watch the Spain/Germany match. Need to prepare myself for the block and a half walk...

97 right now according to the NYT website.

It will be worth it.

Summer has finally arrived in Vancouver. It's going up to 85 this afternoon, which after how our summer has been, is going to feel like it's 100 degrees. I know...not the same as New York, but we don't have AC in this city and I just bought a car with no AC. What was I thinking???

I'm sorry you guys are cooking on the east coast. Hopefully our cooler weather is blowing your way.