Another Ridiculously Specific Request

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also Prune come to think of it.

You cannot linger at Prune, it's seriously tiny and very popular as you no doubt know.

Yes, true ... but the food could be appealing to her based on input so far.

Oh well, there's always Joe Doe. (I kid.)

This is troubling ... we're very quickly running out of options.

What about The Brindle Room? You can always go out for drinks and dessert after.

People are so judgmental about someone based on their lack of interest in food. I must practice mocking people with no interest in modern poetry or philosophy or cricket.

It's a tough one, although Home sounds like a good suggestion. Tree on First Avenue would fit the bill. I am assuming Five Points is too upscale.

Who's rattled your cage?

I thought it was the other way round. The person discussed seems happy to mock and be judgemental about all around her.

eta: I know a soup kitchen where those who volunteer get a free dinner. Does that fit the Red Diaper Babies' handbook?

The Recently Added Topics menu currently has the item "Another Ridiculously Specific Request by Sneakeater" which for a moment suggested an AI ghost in the hosting machine with a penchant for editorializing.

I can think of two places, no three but all of them a little bit out of town and all with shiny exteriors but none with irony and all with burgers for under 14 dollars at dinner. The Blue Benn in Bennington Vermont. The Yankee Clipper Diner Restaurant in Beacon. And the West Taghkanic Diner, in Ancram, NY. Make a night of it! Oh wait. You said Manhattan. Well there's nothing like that here. How about Piccolo Angolo? The wildest thing there is the bigga meataboll. And it's just a big meatball!

People are so judgmental about someone based on their lack of interest in food. I must practice mocking people with no interest in modern poetry or philosophy or cricket.

It's a tough one, although Home sounds like a good suggestion. Tree on First Avenue would fit the bill. I am assuming Five Points is too upscale.

Who's rattled your cage?

I thought it was the other way round. The person discussed seems happy to mock and be judgemental about all around her.

eta: I know a soup kitchen where those who volunteer get a free dinner. Does that fit the Red Diaper Babies' handbook?

I must have read too quickly, I didn't notice that. I guess I should go back to the beginning.

ETA: Okay, I missed "ideologically" in the first post. Shoot me. I thought it was just someone uncomfortable with fancy restaurants. So, I don't know why you're all helping Sneak; sounds like it's his problem.

The Park & Orchard in East Rutherford NJ has a superb wine cellar ('96 Volnays for $50 - 75) and simple foods. Meat loaf, pot roast, fish any number of ways, etc.

Very egalitarian dining room, wouldn't be out of place in 1960s Hungary, I'd suspect.

Ten minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel

P&O

Who's rattled your cage?

I must have read too quickly, I didn't notice that. I guess I should go back to the beginning.

ETA: Okay, I missed "ideologically" in the first post. Shoot me. I thought it was just someone uncomfortable with fancy restaurants. So, I don't know why you're all helping Sneak; sounds like it's his problem.

I'm doing my friend a disservice. "Ideologically" really was meant to mean, "is uncomfortable with", or "doesn't particularly enjoy". Really, she's a lot like Wingding.