Concord Grapes

• 16 years later...

It being the time of year it is, I, as is my wont, got a bunch of Concord grapes at the Greenmarket yesterday.

I know this is an artifact of where I grew up and that other people differ, but FUCK I LOVE CONCORD GRAPES.

5 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

It being the time of year it is, I, as is my wont, got a bunch of Concord grapes at the Greenmarket yesterday.

I know this is an artifact of where I grew up and that other people differ, but FUCK I LOVE CONCORD GRAPES.

I just had this discussion with someone on another forum. I LOVE CONCORD GRAPES TOO! And their short season. And want to try the Concord grape wine that Chëpìka will be making (if ever). (I also like (and think they're called) Niagara grapes.)

The thing about the greenmarket Concords that freaks me out is that there are generally a millions bees flitting around the display of Concords.

They actually don't have a short season. You can often find them through early November. I need to my hands on several quarts and I'm completely out of homemade concord grape jelly. I also made sorbet with them (using Claudia Flemming's recipe).

2 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

Locust Grove tends to have them from September through November.

They store halfway decently if stored properly, but

1 hour ago, Sneakeater said:

My guy at GAP definitely only has them for 3-4 weeks.

This sounds more likely.

I wonder if Locust Grove is also getting concords from other farms they work with further north. Cause they show nothing about them on their web site.