Anybody interested in current economics??

Hmm.

So if I don't like having so much USD exposure my options are limited foreign equity, gold or TIPS? The first two aren't all that appealing right now...

There are ETFs that are short the dollar. Just make sure it isn't one of those that isn't meant for trading daily.

ETA: Put the Suddeutsche Zeitung down. I think you are overthinking the dollar thing. Worry about where you want the assets to be eventually and then care about the currency. Everyone in the world knows the fed is trying to debase the dollar.

I know, I know. My problem is mainly that we will probably stay in Europe but we have way too much money (relatively speaking, at least) still sitting in the US. OTOH at least getting paid in EUR balances things out...

Is there a tax reason not to bring it into Germany?

Yep. But also I like keeping something back there, so I guess I shouldn't spend too much time worrying about it.

What is it? We'll be facing this problem in a few years. Our accountant assures us that there will be no problem but I worry.

I would trust the accountant more than some random person on the internet.

• Like 1
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An economist's take on Fed's August 27, 2010 speech on economic conditions and monetary policy...     Leeds on Finance, the August 30 column

exactly.

because this is america and biting off more than one can chew through reliance on other people's willingness to also bite off more than they can chew, in order to facilitate your greed, is the america

The first concession - Guinness to go lager.

I'm pretty disappointed in the exchange rate response so far, but our serious spending only starts tomorrow, so if my Irish friends can do something extremely silly tonight I'd appreciate it.

The first concession - Guinness to go lager.

I'm pretty disappointed in the exchange rate response so far, but our serious spending only starts tomorrow, so if my Irish friends can do something extremely silly tonight I'd appreciate it.

I too am surprised at the Euro.

Only a matter of time now til someone else rolls over.