I believe in balance in general, but there are some drinks that are meant to be sweeter, some that are meant to be tarter, some biter, etc. As for te syrups, if you decide to make an infused, macerated, or flavoured syrup, then just realise that it's your sugar and don't add any more.

True. Sometimes it is the liqueur that is the sweetening factor.

My own submission of Canton contest actually has no added sugar since Canton brings plenty of sweetness itself.

;) See you in in St. Martin?

It would be nice.

Not so sure now. A nemesis just became their brand ambassador. (complicated local story)

Ha, their brand ambassador in my region is the most lovely and kick ass young lady you could ever hope to meet and a co-worker.

I believe in balance in general, but there are some drinks that are meant to be sweeter, some that are meant to be tarter, some biter, etc. As for te syrups, if you decide to make an infused, macerated, or flavoured syrup, then just realise that it's your sugar and don't add any more.

True. Sometimes it is the liqueur that is the sweetening factor.

My own submission of Canton contest actually has no added sugar since Canton brings plenty of sweetness itself.

;) See you in in St. Martin?

It would be nice.

Not so sure now. A nemesis just became their brand ambassador. (complicated local story)

Ha, their brand ambassador in my region is the most lovely and kick ass young lady you could ever hope to meet and a co-worker.

You are lucky. [i'd love that!] Mine is someone I know from years ago from the same employer situation, therefore I know.

Self disclosing: snub from another former Shooter's employee that became a Bombay rep, so very shortly after the Tanqueray Ginstitute (very good show btw), got this said person the winner to a paid USBG membership to a recent Vegas comp. and now DdC brand rep. <_<

Dog eat dog in this biz. Best to all. *sigh*

edit: clarity

The alcohol has to be top of the line. I didn't used to care but now I can taste, or feel, when the booze is cheap. My favorite mixed drink is a margarita: El Tesoro or Herradura Silver with fresh squeezed lime juice, enough simple syrup to cut some of the sour and a light rim of salt. Chilled, no ice. I don't enjoy cocktails where there is so much going on that I can't identify the ingredients.

Sweet, salty, sour, and with the taste of the tequila in the forefront.

no triple sec, cointreau, or grand marnier in your margaritas?