13 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

I know it has always been around in the bodegas and grocery stores in our LES neighborhood.

And during Passover, it was proudly displayed next to the matzoh. 

Cause what goes better with Mexican coke than matzoh? Or should that be: what goes better with matzoh than Mexican coke?

Don't you remember the craze on eGullet when folks learned about Kosher for Passover Coke? They do a special run with sugar for the holiday instead of HFCS. You need to look for the yellow bottle caps. That's the sign.

• Like 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't you remember the craze on eGullet when folks learned about Kosher for Passover Coke? They do a special run with sugar for the holiday instead of HFCS. You need to look for the yellow bottle caps

Did they have to make the caps yellow?

costco carries mega-packs of mexican coke. or at least they used to. i stopped drinking coke on the regular a couple of years ago and haven't looked in a while.

On 8/10/2021 at 7:58 PM, bloviatrix said:

Don't you remember the craze on eGullet when folks learned about Kosher for Passover Coke? They do a special run with sugar for the holiday instead of HFCS. You need to look for the yellow bottle caps. That's the sign.

Did they have to make the caps yellow?

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I have to give an aside shout out here for our local Grocery Outlet.   First, this is a brilliant business model.   Corporate product sourcing and distribution through "mom and pop" franchises.   Franchisees must have experience managing large groceries, and spouse much be engaged in the new project.    We not only have a fabulous owner/manager, but a totally delightful staff of mostly young Hispanic guys who seemingly love their jobs.   I asked the manager about them, whether he hired brilliantly or trained brilliantly.   He hadn't an answer.   I subsequently asked his wife who said that when they had a good employee they told them to "Bring your friends."   So it's a community within a community and a total joy to shop.  

4 hours ago, voyager said:

We live in one of SF's more affluent zips and I can buy Mexican coke within 10 minutes.   But if not here, where?    Think nannies, restaurant employees, gardeners, painters, construction...

Those folks are also drinking Topo Chico water, may be more available than the Coke.