omaha steaks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so, someone is sending me omaha steaks as a gift. should i be insulted or pleased with the gesture? everything on the website looks kind of weird and fake. good for regifting?

There's probably a lot of air in the container and some dry ice. You're supposed to open it and look at all the little boxes of goodies inside. Then you can decide which items you can take out of th

They are probably about the same as Whole Foods. The person sending them to you probably thinks they are "gourmet."

sadly, i'm sure that's exactly what they think. i appreciate the thought but really worry that i won't enjoy them. and g-d forbid there are any side dishes or desserts included, those look really dreadful. i got forewarning because a second party, in the know, was concerned that food allergies and sensitivities would be a problem and wanted to give me a heads up

My Mom periodically worries about me and sends me some of their stuff. To me the worst is the green bean casserole, but some of the stuff is do-able. You just have to dress it up. The other thing is though, you start getting mailers and maybe even calls from them trying to pitch you stuff. The styrofoam box they send the stuff in--if you open it carefully--is actually useful to store things in or as a cooler at a party. Obviously, it's not Lobels. On the whole, I think I'd rather get XLB or some other Chinese.

I doubt allergies are a problem as I suspect everything has been reamed steamed and dry cleaned to the point of super safe.

The styrofoam box they send the stuff in--if you open it carefully--is actually useful to store things in or as a cooler at a party.

I have used one to carry perishables overseas inside my luggage, more than once.

They're not that bad, it all depends on how you cook them, and you know how to cook, so it will be fine - get the steaks to just medium at the most and you'll be fine -

You can always try just the one, and if you hate it, chop up the rest and make a nice ragu with it!

They're not that bad, it all depends on how you cook them, and you know how to cook, so it will be fine - get the steaks to just medium at the most and you'll be fine -

You can always try just the one, and if you hate it, chop up the rest and make a nice ragu with it!

i'll be interested to see which types of steaks arrive. maybe, i'll throw a steak party