omaha steaks

omg! the container is stupid huge. i have no idea how i will store this stuff, there's no room in my freezer. if i don't open it is there any chance it won't go bad overnight?

There's probably a lot of air in the container and some dry ice. You're supposed to open it and look at all the little boxes of goodies inside. Then you can decide which items you can take out of the boxes or not. And which items you will put in freezer and which in frig. Just looking at the white container itself, you're looking at a lot of air and packaging.

• Like 1
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so, someone is sending me omaha steaks as a gift. should i be insulted or pleased with the gesture? everything on the website looks kind of weird and fake. good for regifting?

There's probably a lot of air in the container and some dry ice. You're supposed to open it and look at all the little boxes of goodies inside. Then you can decide which items you can take out of th

omg! the container is stupid huge. i have no idea how i will store this stuff, there's no room in my freezer. if i don't open it is there any chance it won't go bad overnight?

There's probably a lot of air in the container and some dry ice. You're supposed to open it and look at all the little boxes of goodies inside. Then you can decide which items you can take out of the boxes or not. And which items you will put in freezer and which in frig. Just looking at the white container itself, you're looking at a lot of air and packaging.

12 friggin boxes of stuff in that styro box. it's all still frozen. the boxes are bigger than what's inside. a lot of wasted space and they don't label the little cryo bags either. so, tomorrow morning i'll be busy with my sharpie labeling weirdly shaped cuts of meat. the "top sirloin steaks" are square. what's up with that? i haven't bothered to open anything else but here's the rundown:

(4) boneless pork chops

(4) bacon wrapped filets

(2) pork chops

(10) omaha steak burgers

(4) chicken breasts

(2) filet mignon

(2) top sirloin steaks

(10) stuffed baked potatoes

(4) caramel apple tartlets

(4) choc molten lava cakes

that's a lot of meat and junk

12 friggin boxes of stuff in that styro box. it's all still frozen. the boxes are bigger than what's inside. a lot of wasted space and they don't label the little cryo bags either. so, tomorrow morning i'll be busy with my sharpie labeling weirdly shaped cuts of meat. the "top sirloin steaks" are square. what's up with that? i haven't bothered to open anything else but here's the rundown:

(4) boneless pork chops

(4) bacon wrapped filets

(2) pork chops

(10) omaha steak burgers

(4) chicken breasts

(2) filet mignon

(2) top sirloin steaks

That's a thoughtful gift, Splinky.

(4) boneless pork chops

(4) bacon wrapped filets

(2) pork chops

(10) omaha steak burgers

(4) chicken breasts

(2) filet mignon

(2) top sirloin steaks

That's a thoughtful gift, Splinky.

it certainly is and i wish it had come with a small freezer

(4) boneless pork chops

(4) bacon wrapped filets

(2) pork chops

(10) omaha steak burgers

(4) chicken breasts

(2) filet mignon

(2) top sirloin steaks

Well, here's an idea. Are the items in gift style boxes? How about 'regifting' some of the items to your doormen and maintenance folks (in addition to some cash). I suspect they would be thrilled.

(4) boneless pork chops

(4) bacon wrapped filets

(2) pork chops

(10) omaha steak burgers

(4) chicken breasts

(2) filet mignon

(2) top sirloin steaks

Well, here's an idea. Are the items in gift style boxes? How about 'regifting' some of the items to your doormen and maintenance folks (in addition to some cash). I suspect they would be thrilled.

you madam are a genius! especially, since i can't eat the desserts

WHat did you have left? and are you still eating it??

THe burgers make a nice bolognese sauce, speaking form experience! The chicken breasts could be flattened into paillards and broiled...

She left me some chicken, all of the filets and a couple of pork chops. They are all still in the freezer. She took the lava cakes and I baked the apple caramel tarts for the building night staff. I'll start eating them in the next week or so

my mother came and took most of it away...

this means she will live forever--if she eats it all.

Why do you hate me?

if you have issues with mom, I recommend The Black Swan.

and i thought we were close....

she will surely outlive me, but i'm not so sure that she should live forever